Noob with questions

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2010, 02:23 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Hey Kobra, welcome to the forums and the family of KLX owners. We are here for ya.

Old 06-10-2010, 03:17 PM
1st Gear Member

Utah offers a deal for forum members on the skid plates? Must you give some sort of special password or handshake for the deal? I need one bad.

Old 06-10-2010, 04:21 PM
jxg
1st Gear Member

there was a code, but it doesn't work any more. I asked for a new one, and he emailed it to me. but then i had issues and never ordered it. when i tried to use it, it said expired. I emailed him again, but never got a response...

Old 06-10-2010, 05:07 PM
1st Gear Member
Location: In North Western Jersey, but from Jackson, WY Originally

Originally Posted by Highbeam
Utah offers a deal for forum members on the skid plates? Must you give some sort of special password or handshake for the deal? I need one bad.
Just call them directly. Tell him you're from the forum and guys here recommended him and mentioned there had been a discount at one point. I did this and the owner was super helpful and when I ordered over the phone everything went smoothly and it showed up in less than 5 days and he included the discount.

Old 06-11-2010, 01:16 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by deej
Hey Kobra, welcome to the forums and the family of KLX owners. We are here for ya.
Thanks bro,

Still no answer on the full exhaust vs slip on. Haven't been able to find any dyno results on this.

Sometimes motors can breath a little too much sacrificing low end torque. Smaller cc engines are a little more sensitive to too much flow.

Last edited by Kobrakriss; 06-11-2010 at 01:18 AM.
Old 06-11-2010, 03:24 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Kobrakriss
Thanks bro,

Still no answer on the full exhaust vs slip on. Haven't been able to find any dyno results on this.

Sometimes motors can breath a little too much sacrificing low end torque. Smaller cc engines are a little more sensitive to too much flow.
The loss of torque with a header is indeed the case. If you read up on ADV rider, there's info from a guy who tested with slip on and header and without header. He lost bottom end torque with the header on and actually lost a little Hp (maybe a tenth?) as well so he went back to stock header and kept the slip on. (this was per dyno results on the same dyno)

Others on here confirm that they found it harder to loft the front end with header in place... but were happy enough with gains in other areas anyway. However.. if you do one of the big bore kits... there is significant gain to be had here on both sides, especially if you open the other end up with a pumper carb. You can see this on Dyno results at Bill Blue's sight (he supplies the 351 big bore kit.

FMF has a relatively new megabomb header which is 'supposed to save bottom end torque like a long header and still open up the revs. I'll let you know how it feels when I get it installed

as an aside, many upgrade the exhaust with the KLX 300 system, which I believe is a SMALL step up in header size and may be the happy medium that gives a real gain.

Old 06-11-2010, 04:47 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

is it mean that i think Krisses avatar would look yummy on a bun hehehe FM would BBq it! j/k welcome again Kobra!

Old 06-11-2010, 05:21 AM
1st Gear Member

If animals weren't meant for eating, then why are they all made of meat? Tasty.. tasty meat ... mmmm

Old 06-11-2010, 01:07 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by hoedogg
is it mean that i think Krisses avatar would look yummy on a bun hehehe FM would BBq it! j/k welcome again Kobra!
lol yeah I live next to the family farm. Thats one of our newborn cows.

She will grow up to be a tender ribeye

Name:  junejune.jpg
Views: 16
Size:  102.6 KB

Name:  junemon.jpg
Views: 53
Size:  144.5 KB

Last edited by Kobrakriss; 06-11-2010 at 01:46 PM.
Old 06-11-2010, 09:23 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Kobrakriss
Ha ha nice!! I like it MOOOOO

Quick Reply: Noob with questions