Nobrakes' First Hare Scramble - A Race Report

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2008, 11:20 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Nobrakes' First Hare Scramble - A Race Report

Hey man great write up!!! You got me pumped for my first enduro i'm gonna do at the end of this month!!!!

Old 03-11-2008, 11:47 AM
1st Gear Member

Enduro time trust me they are alot of fun.

Old 03-11-2008, 11:54 AM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

Sweet!!! good report brian... id be happy finishing too... i can only imagine, i bet it was cool though. Id like to try that. Were they pretty much all MX bikes? any smaller cc bikes? thats really cool man.

Old 03-11-2008, 12:21 PM
1st Gear Member

Hey Nobrakes, what a great write up, good on ya, I'm yet to do my first race but will be doing in about a month, like DEEJ said, you should submit it to a mag, never know might make a few $$$

Cheers
Chris.

Old 03-11-2008, 12:35 PM
1st Gear Member

Excellent report. Godd job!

Old 03-11-2008, 12:52 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: KLXer

Excellent report. Godd job!
+1 but we need way more pics [8D]

Old 03-11-2008, 01:52 PM
Admin
1st Gear Member

Thanks for all the comments! There were all kinds of bikes there. I think the overall winner of our afternoon race, i.e., 1st out of 231 riders, was some kid on a KX80 or something like that. Must be a little James Stewart or something. I think mine, Josh's, and Jerry's bikes might have been the only ones with license plates, though. Deej, our race went for 1.5 hours. The pro race before it went for 2 hours.

Good luck to all those who are doing one upcoming. I can't wait to hear your perspectives on it. It was intense and very fun. It feels good to have survived in one piece, both me and my bike. But next time I hope to place better.

Old 03-11-2008, 04:11 PM
1st Gear Member

Fantastic write up Brian, Deej and some others are spot on, send the article to some of the MC mags (AMA Motorcyclist) I am quite sure they will print it.
Congratulations on competing, I know exactly what you mean about being exhilirated & terrified all at the same time (what a rush)
Hope to see you again for some 'fun'!

Here's a photo taken one of the local photographers. It's amazing what a professional photographer can do - I look like I can actually ride in this photo.

Yeah, but this is what his face looked like inside the helmet[sm=exactly.gif]

[/quote]

Old 03-11-2008, 06:07 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

nice play by play brian! glad you had fun and still in one peice. sounds like a little endurance training is in order but otherwise you'll give hell next time. right on bro[8D]

Old 03-11-2008, 08:38 PM
1st Gear Member

Great writeup Nobrakes, man you could work as a writer. I could relate to a lot of the thought stuff going on. I started doing enduros again after 20yrs off and I still get the anticipation adrenaline shakes beforehand. I raced MX, enduro and road- production and open class racers. But I still get the pre start buzz, its funny but you feel it coming on before you arrive at the pits.
That fear is part of what keeps us alive coz when you think about it, it is mental crazy, going fast on skinny trails.
A lot of the top guys here work out most days- mainly aerobic. I am trying to discipline myself to start doin it again too, it may be the only way i will place ahead of the son and his friends haha
Big ups and thanks
Lee

Quick Reply: Nobrakes' First Hare Scramble - A Race Report