NJOHVA

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2007, 01:17 AM
1st Gear Member
Default NJOHVA

Just wanted to post this in case anyone from The People's Republic of NJ wasn't aware of the efforts to save your freedom to ride.

http://ga3.org/campaign/s_3024/alerts

http://www.enterstageright.com/archi.../0704rednj.htm

Thanks,
Bob

Old 12-22-2007, 01:45 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: NJOHVA

Thanks for posting that info Bob.....................It's getting real bad here in NJ!!!!

They are gonna make it impossible to ride a street legal bike on the road real soon!!
It really sucks man......what can ya do?
just keep on riding and paying the fines? I used to Golf......very expensive hobby!
Offroad riding will just become a very very expensive hobby also.

Keep The Faith Brother!!!!

Old 12-22-2007, 02:53 PM
1st Gear Member

Man i feel sorry for you guys it really sucks when the government can think that they can take away land that is there for everyone. they are still trying to do that in colorado. I think it wont happen because the mountains in colorado are like half of the states income. All well you just got pray and hope it will get better.

Old 12-23-2007, 01:10 AM
1st Gear Member

"A-4172 Will greatly stiffen fines for anyone who rides anything other than a street legal OHV on state or private property. Be it a snowmobile, ATV, enduro bike, mx bike, dirt bike etc. that is not street legal."

KLX 250 "S" ........Got to love the "S" these days!!!!

Old 12-23-2007, 01:59 AM
Admin
1st Gear Member

You got that right. The plate is where the value is.

Old 12-23-2007, 02:07 AM
1st Gear Member

Yes, gotta love that "S".

Allows me to go from on-road to off-road back to on-road. And the cops can't really do much when its plated, tagged, insured, andlincesed.

Old 12-23-2007, 05:11 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Nobrakes

You got that right. The plate is where the value is.
hmm, sometimes and somewhere. A fine line it seems.

Old 12-23-2007, 02:46 PM
1st Gear Member

I also wonder if any of theMotorcycle manufactures have any lobby powers to put pressure on the Government with regards to these unpractical rules and regulations.
It would seem that the manufactures will suffer the most with loss of sales.Idon't knowany state thatis as **** as Nj with regards to putting off roaders on the cross, considering we live in one of the most congested, chemical waste dumps on the planet.[:'(]
While this was all caused by Big corporations and the Government itself who now feel regulating some small engine exhausts will somehow improve the state of affairs that they themselves have created.
Makes me CRAZY!!!
Just venting here.................nothing to see!!!!

Dave

Old 12-23-2007, 03:07 PM
1st Gear Member

thats a shame. I'm sure thats just the tip of the iceberg, unfortunately.

Old 12-23-2007, 04:48 PM
1st Gear Member

......what can ya do?
The only thing we can do is keep contacting the legislator's as a group and let them know you vote. This is ALL politics, it's not about saving or conserving anything. If it were, you wouldn't see those new homes and develeopments that have been creeping up here and there in the pines over the last decade or so. The Pineland's Commission is a joke, it's a group of people looking out for their own self interest's. I know one of them personally and he's only there because he owns a campground and wants to protect his investment. The Sierra Club is a bigger joke. IF they were truly interested in preserving NJ, they'd start in places like Elizabeth, Jersey City, Newark, etc... try cleaning up the Meadowlands, all the polluted wetlands in North Jersey.

I read an article in the Burlington County Times where this lady from some conservation group cites a "study" that "proves" how OHV ruin the land. They posted some sample statistics from their "study". Turns out it was a damn survey, not a study. They said things like 85% of the people thought OHV destroyed plants and wildlife. That's an OPINION, not a FACT. But, they pass it off as if it's some kind of scientific evidence that just proves how right they are. BS.

I've been riding in the pines for 20+ years, since the early 80's and I can take you places where we rode all day all summer long for years and you can't even tell anyone's ever ridden there now. NJ politics are a joke.

I'll gladly ride a plated bike these days and I'll challenge any attempt to stop me in court. That's ultimately what we need, some kind of legal precedence.

Merry Christmas!
Bob