NJ Pine Barrens (NE II?) ride?

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2011, 10:14 PM
1st Gear Member

yea, i was just at a SJER meeting last night and everybody in the state is still against everything having to do with dirt bikes.
from what i could get out of it, if we all get together, whether it be 3 of us or 30, as long as we dont "accept" any money for an event, we can just ride, or at least we should be "allowed" to ride.

and i know its not the most challenging trail out here but i was just putting that out there, cuz the SJER trails will run strait thru Wharton and go all the way to Lebanon.

Old 02-02-2011, 11:04 PM
1st Gear Member

Well you've seen the officer check for DOT tires...that's pretty petty IMO. He's just looking for something to get a person on. Since last year the enviros have stepped up pressure on state officials to do something. It's true moving around in a large group will get negative attention...best to keep moving and stop in the woods. The greenies have been monitoring helmet cam footage(posted on youtube especially) and will use it as fodder against us. So don't title it with known areas in the pines.

Old 02-02-2011, 11:13 PM
1st Gear Member

[QUOTE=lcpl0331;438050]
Originally Posted by Nobrakes
What's this "planned" ****. I thought we reached an accord where one of us was going to be kicking the other guys *** all day both days? I've already started my training for this epic showdown of senior "C" riders. Actually I might be a super senior by that time which means I get a head start right?
Ask and you shall receive There're ***-kicking sections all over the pines! It's good to keep the route 'fluid' so to speak but I'm sure the leader will know where to go in terms of keeping the group from getting separated by including\not including hard sections.

Old 02-03-2011, 05:18 AM
Admin
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by lcpl0331
I was also planning on riding the "Hammer Run" this year, which is up in that general area I think.
The hammer is about 50 miles south of Bass River and the trails a quite a bit different. The Meteor ride is right there though. I"ve been on all the trails we did on that KLX ride(plus a few more) everytime I've done the meteor. Good riding in that entire area.

What's this "planned" ****. I thought we reached an accord where one of us was going to be kicking the other guys *** all day both days? I've already started my training for this epic showdown of senior "C" riders. Actually I might be a super senior by that time which means I get a head start right?
You won't get any smack talk back from me if that's what you're fishing for. Having just completed a full season of hare scramble racing, I know *exactly* where I stand and I have my 7th place series trophy to prove it. Hey, it might not mean much, but I worked hard just to do even that good. So if you look back and don't see me, just wait at the next intersection. lol I'm real good at following red arrows and picking up my bike now, though.

Old 02-03-2011, 11:10 AM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

Because of my schedule and money reasons id really like to keep this after my CO trip, labor day weekend would be best. How many would not be able to do that weekend? I think the last NE ride it was a holiday weekend if i remember right. Id like to get as many as we can, but it doesnt matter to me, hell ill come over and ride with jimmi by myself all weekend... as long as im riding.

Old 02-03-2011, 10:06 PM
Admin
1st Gear Member

I'd say just set the date and whoever can make it will, and whoever can't, won't. It's far enough ahead that even if someone already has plans but still wants to come, there's enough advance notice to reschedule if they really want to come.

But no matter what date you pick, there will be folks that can't make it. So my advice is pick the date that works best for you. Half the people that say they are coming, won't come anyway. And half the people that say they will come if you change the date, will also be no shows then, too. So in the end, any date is just about as good as any other. Labor Day weekend seems reasonable to me. For most people, that's a long weekend so that means they can save a vacation day.

The thing I dread most about it is the long drive up I-95, especially around the DC area, I hate that drive. Last time I left around 3am and got there around 11am I think, and I was wiped the next day. I wouldn't mind taking an extra day off work and coming up a day early maybe.

Old 02-04-2011, 01:28 AM
1st Gear Member

You won't get any smack talk back from me if that's what you're fishing for.
Not fishin at all. I'm from the northeast guy...........It's what we do. Watched your thread over there the whole season. I'd be proud too.
After that school you took I doubt very much you'll be the one following.
Unless it's to critique my bad habits

Old 02-04-2011, 02:10 AM
Admin
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by lcpl0331
Not fishin at all. I'm from the northeast guy...........It's what we do. Watched your thread over there the whole season. I'd be proud too.
After that school you took I doubt very much you'll be the one following.
Unless it's to critique my bad habits
Didn't say I was *proud* of it, exactly, just that I worked hard for it. It's hard to be too proud of 7th place in the local amateur hare scramble senior C 40+ class. Haha. But on a positive note, there were as many behind me as in front of me, so I reckon I fall in the middle somewhere, and 5 of the guys in front moved up to B class, so that should free up a few spots up front for next year. I look forward to riding with ya again, it'll be fun, either the Pine Barrens, or Hammer Run, or both.

Old 02-04-2011, 06:43 PM
1st Gear Member

Didn't say I was *proud* of it, exactly, just that I worked hard for it. It's hard to be too proud of 7th place in the local amateur hare scramble senior C 40+ class. Haha. But on a positive note, there were as many behind me as in front of me, so I reckon I fall in the middle somewhere, and 5 of the guys in front moved up to B class, so that should free up a few spots up front for next year. I look forward to riding with ya again, it'll be fun, either the Pine Barrens, or Hammer Run, or both.
You should be proud of anything you do in the 40+ class. I'm in the "Super Senior " class and proud that i can still swing my leg over the bike, much less participate in the DS events. Sucks to get old so be proud of it!!!!!

Old 02-04-2011, 10:23 PM
1st Gear Member

If I can make it, I'll lead those older dudes into some hero, 'coyle-fieldy' type sections, to a fountain of youth I know of. You gotta work hard to get thru it but it's worth it in the end.....allegedly. Cut down the bars and click up the suspenders!

Quick Reply: NJ Pine Barrens (NE II?) ride?