nicknames

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2007, 12:57 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: nicknames

Well,not as spectacular as some of what is out there,my last name is Hokinson and ol granddad was hokie,my old man is hokie and now it's my turn and have been called it since the 7th grade.

Old 09-13-2007, 03:04 AM
1st Gear Member

coveor - Cove, Oregon 97824, where I live.
On the edge of the Eagle Cap Wilderness. Beautiful riding (not in the wilderness, obviously!) Google Earth it.

Old 09-13-2007, 03:30 AM
1st Gear Member

It's my CB handle as well.......they call me truckman because I know a Whole lot about Diesels......I customize alot of big CATS's and detroits as well as a couple of cummins motors...........I love playing with injection pumps and ECU's as well as ECM's ....Black smoke is my favorite fun time.......I work as a diesel Teck and i love my job........My favorite thing in life is working on the older Detroit Diesel 12V71/92 T/TA motors to make the ultimate horsepower for a a strip truck.......my little KLX is some peanuts for these toys........but it makes me smile

Old 09-13-2007, 04:16 AM
1st Gear Member

lou is my nickname , i got that from my brother, he got it from that old friday the 13th tv series, it wasthe old fat guy that owned the antique store hisname was"louis vonderdeez"...i dont know why he started calling me that i look nothing like the guy haha it just stuck i guess, ...doo cause it rhymed and i needed a screen name easy to remember and 76 is the best number in the whole numericle system according to albert eienstein... i made that last part up its the year i was born lol

Old 09-13-2007, 12:02 PM
1st Gear Member

a buddy of mine told me about thumpertalk..I didn't want to use my real name..just in case I didn't like the place..just took it with me when i came here..thought it would give some insight to one of my enjoyments ...MUD (before I got the KLX...I had a couple of ATVs, last one wasan Arctic Cat 400...it LOVED the mud)...although some of my country hick friends call me butch (my Dad's nickname..I used to wear his hockey jacket to school..it had his nickname on it)

Old 09-13-2007, 08:21 PM

Wow, thought I had answere this one, but here goes. I have a few nicknames/screen names

toad (toad is the nickname I gave to my oldest son, I usually follow this with a 1025 for his b-day > toad1025).
pokey or kawasakipokey (pokey because my hubby says I'm always slow getting ready for anything.......ok, so he's right on that. I ride Kawi, so kawasakipokey was born)
midget (I'm 5'1" barely; hubby is 6'2"; son #1 is 5'9"; son #2 is 5'0") Did we all do the math on that one?

Old 09-13-2007, 09:02 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Truckman

It's my CB handle as well.......they call me truckman because I know a Whole lot about Diesels......I customize alot of big CATS's and detroits as well as a couple of cummins motors...........I love playing with injection pumps and ECU's as well as ECM's ....Black smoke is my favorite fun time.......I work as a diesel Teck and i love my job........My favorite thing in life is working on the older Detroit Diesel 12V71/92 T/TA motors to make the ultimate horsepower for a a strip truck.......my little KLX is some peanuts for these toys........but it makes me smile

I completely understand that. Cummins are extremely nice, I'm more into gas engines. I built a 79' Ford 460 motor when I was 10, took it apart by myself when was 12, drilled out the exhaust and intake port for more flow, replaced the valves and piston rings. But my dad built a motor for a kenworth, older truck. It's pushing 1000 horses and has broken many shafts. I'll get back to you on the motor and model name.

Old 09-30-2007, 03:35 AM
1st Gear Member

Mine's been a screename since I moved back to the states 7 yrs. ago after a 16 yr. absence.
My name and where I was the last 7 yrs. before my return to "Gringolandia"

Old 09-30-2007, 09:28 AM
1st Gear Member

stellar_dESTROYED. [sm=alcoholic.gif]

Old 09-30-2007, 01:57 PM

Mine is BOSTONATV Im from Boston and I had a quad before the Kawi. To many screen names and passwords so Im keeping it simple