nicknames

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2006, 04:40 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: nicknames

Oh, so it's the westerner's lawn fetish and dumber than box of rocks cows that cause this prairie dog hating? I'm glad it's something important, whew! Keep fighting the brave fight...my inlaws used to treat goffers the same way.

I second the request for Poodlenuts

Oh yeah, I live in Japan where we have so many earthquakes they are largely ignored. I came-up with that screen name, without a whole lot of thought, on my 38th birthday.

ORIGINAL: queenpdog

Prairie dogs get a bad wrap because they are super destructive to nice manicured lawns and such. Ranchers hate them because they eat up ranch land and make holes that cattle can step in. For me it is a matter of "who was here first"? Anyway, I usually get an earful when I tell people my story.

NOW LET'S HEAR ABOUT POODLENUTS!!!!

Old 11-27-2006, 06:48 PM
1st Gear Member

Mine is also pretty obvious, just like 'dual sports'....

Old 11-27-2006, 10:18 PM
Super Moderator
1st Gear Member

Started out in the Military when i was overseas. Was playing Ultimate Frisbee with a bunch of friends and one guy said that when I ran I would run like a Big Mack Truck so he gave me the nickname Diesel. Well I never really lost the weight. My Last name starts with an O so now all my friend call me BigO. So no it is not after Big O tires either.

Old 11-28-2006, 02:27 AM

I can never think of a cool name when prompted to pick one, so I was kinda blocked , so I drifted way back when I was a kid
(now thats a long time) and remembered I had a fascinacion with the Ocean and the way the Jellifish just floated around so peacefully while I was diving
So I wanted to be a jelly fish., and this is as close as it gets....

I could change it to Floridaguy but the Beureau Of Forum Handles has a very unique and reserved group and are not admitting new members

Francis fr0m Sanford

Old 11-29-2006, 02:30 AM
1st Gear Member

A few years ago i was in a car club , we did a little drag racing and some car shows the guy's gave me the name and it stuck.
Name:  campingfort034.jpg
Views: 68
Size:  93.5 KB

Old 11-29-2006, 02:34 AM
1st Gear Member

It was a tragic day in high school that I wish I could forget but it always comes back to me.

Actually it stems from my lack of imagination is picking a name. In my first internet gaming experience I was trying to think of a name and i noticed other people were using names of the cooler weapons in the game so i picked up one of them called the Prometheus, who i later learned was the Greek god who brought fire to man and as a punishment got his liver eaten out by a bird every day, but most people just assume from the name that I am a crazed Stargate fan. Since then I've used it in every game and forum I've been on. Its not hard to figure out that it was just shortened to Prom.

Old 11-29-2006, 03:39 PM
1st Gear Member

The day I got on the job as a Probie FireFighter most of the guys had some kind of nickname, and with most guys busting my chops about my name "DAVE D____ (think of a feminim name)", this one guy decided to call me Double D.
They call my son TripleSticks because he is Dave D---- III (the third).

So, while I wish I had some Steamy, 3:00am Strip Club story about DD, the story is boring but true!!!!!!!!!!

Old 11-29-2006, 03:47 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

lol..... cool.. makes sense..... i just am always thinking about *****.....

Old 11-29-2006, 07:17 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: EMS_0525

lol..... cool.. makes sense..... i just am always thinking about *****.....
You mean the ones that are taking so long to fix your bike?

Old 11-29-2006, 07:20 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

NO NO NO..... not those kinda *****... these kind....