New wheels

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2012, 01:30 AM
1st Gear Member
Default New wheels

My new wheels to get around town.

Aussie readers will know what this is, I rode them for 20 years at Aussie Post. Overseas readers this is a Honda CT110 postie edition. Australia Post buys them for mail delivery in urban areas when they have finished with them they have auction houses sell them off. It is a special edition made for Aus Post. See Postie Bikes FAQ for more info.

Old 04-02-2012, 01:40 AM
1st Gear Member

i would pimp that for sure, fun little corner store bike for sure.

Old 04-02-2012, 01:48 AM
1st Gear Member

lol it is cheap transport it won't be getting pimped. When I get it home tomorrow morning it will get an oil change and the chain adjusted and lubed. That's about all the pimping I will do.

Old 04-02-2012, 01:56 AM
1st Gear Member

I had one. They are actually very cool. The hi/low trans is cool. 40mph/100mpg. Not a bad townie at all.

Old 04-02-2012, 02:15 AM
1st Gear Member

So? Are you going to do a Nate The Postman trip??

Old 04-02-2012, 02:37 AM
1st Gear Member

Sweet! What makes them a special edition aussie post? Hard to beat a good ole honda scooter. My brother and I's first "dirtbike" was a honda express. Man we took that baby off some sweet jumps. It was the one you had to kick it a bunch of times to wind up the starter mechanism and pull in on the handlebar lever to start. Hard to kill those things. I think we made it kawi green to make it run better. Kinda miss the lil guy............

Old 04-02-2012, 02:53 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by stephenmarklay
I had one. They are actually very cool. The hi/low trans is cool. 40mph/100mpg. Not a bad townie at all.
No hi/lo in these just straight 4 speed

Originally Posted by ol'klx-er
So? Are you going to do a Nate The Postman trip??
Nope lol that guy is nuts!

Originally Posted by BleednGreen68
Sweet! What makes them a special edition aussie post?
From http://www.postiebikes.com/faq.htm

1. What is a Postie bike?

A Postie bike is a Honda CT110 or CT90. These bikes are used by Australia Post as mail delivery vehicles hence the name "Postie bike". There are several models and versions available. The CT's used by Australia Post are made to order and are therefore different to the standard model that went out of production in the late 1980's. Since then they have been made exclusively for Australia Post by Honda Japan and are still made today.

The original CT's are still available in Australia from Honda and until recently did not have a ADR (Australian Design Rules) compliance plate so they could not be registered for road/highway use. Here is a brochure in pdf format for the current model CT110P with dual range transmission, 12v electrical and front carry rack. On 15th July 2009 Honda Australia announced that they were now releasing the Honda CT110AG as a road registerable motorcycle. See the press release here Honda’s Humble CT110 Hits The Road

Old 04-13-2012, 03:10 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Nice ride!!! And its a HONDA!!!!!!!!!

Old 04-13-2012, 03:28 PM
1st Gear Member

SSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH ..........

I don't like hondas ....... lmao

Old 04-13-2012, 03:32 PM
Super Moderator
1st Gear Member

(Fellow Kaw members...pay no attention to the man^ behind the ST1300 who has ingested Honda-sake. He will see the error of his ways when the charging system melts and he is stranded on US-1.)

As for Mav's new ride; that's a different story. Those little guys are high-mpg and beautifully simple machines. If fuel costs keep climbing, they will be worth twice the price. Very cool, Mav!!

Quick Reply: New wheels