new truck, need opinions

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2007, 04:42 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: new truck, need opinions

How about Deej driving to work in this baby!

Name:  smart_car.jpg
Views: 18
Size:  20.0 KB

Old 12-03-2007, 04:43 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: EMS_0525

my dad has a '73 chevy pickup, camper special 454 with an automatic that he keeps in the garage thing will still pull a house over, but he doesnt drive it every day. He also got a 2004 2500 hd sliverado ext cab long bed he uses to pull a camper.... mmm... trucks....
Yup trucks are cool, I was forced to ditch my xterra for a pickup because of work. I was sad at first but the space that I have in a truck cabin and just the handiness I get out of it, it will be a very tough sell to get me to trade back to something else.

I know I'll get hammered on for sure on this one, but I would really love to own an H2 hummer . They are definately an ignorant vehicle and when I drive one around, no one wants to let you into lanes at all. But the ladies sure like you . Totally useless on fuel, not even that good in the snow (depending on tires I guess) and really eff all for cargo space. But gawd damn what a fun, cool vehicle! I wish it had a duramax!!!!

Anyway IG I'll stop bickering with you. I agree that if you really have zero use for a truck, then its probably not worth while driving one. But if you're a truck guy you just cant be convinced. Myself, even if I do leave the field work in the patch, I'm still going to keep and get good use out of mine. We do an anual may long weekend camping trip where we bring all our toys and go full out camping (full sized bbq's) etc. We also do the same time of camping whenever its convenient as well. Also the closest trails to me are 20 minutes away so I can go pretty much whenever I want to.

Old 12-03-2007, 04:56 PM
IG

I too am a truck guy. I used to be obsessed with ZR2 S10's, then I bought a new Ranger FX4, then I had kids. The ZR2 Blazer couldn't pass an infant seat between the front seat folded down and the body so I had to buy an Explorer which was a nice vehicle. Traded that for a Jeep Liberty which was pretty stout but got rid of the smallish size and got the QC Ram 4x4. It was still pretty small as the QC isn't nearly as large as other crew cab trucks. Got the van and never looked back, love it, love it, love it. I'll get another truck someday but for now I don't need one. You use yours so hats off to you. Others, well, it's just a symbol.

Old 12-03-2007, 05:03 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

i had a sonoma "highrider" (zr2) but the earlier gmc's were highriders, and i had a s10 blazer, and now my sierra, i use my truck as a truck all the time, its also my daily driver... love it... next truck will be the same but 8' bed.... damn short bed..... lol.... Owning gmc's and bowties, and my dad having the bowties... id say gmc has more luxorious features than bowties.... imo.

Old 12-03-2007, 05:08 PM
1st Gear Member

loudoo,

I don't have a diesel, so I can't help you. However, there is a comparison of the Chevy/Ford/Dodge (2006s) at http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do...ticleId=115662. Consumer Reports might be another place that you could find a head-to-head, unbiased opinion. I would also suggest that you take a day or two and test drive every brand that you are considering. It's hard to tell from articles, or even opinions of others (which you asked for) what will make you happy. Get them out on the highway and find out.

I currently have a 2006 F150 (5.4). The one before that was a '91 Chevy. The one before that was a '73 Ford. The one before that was a '53 GMC (wish I still had that one). I learned how to drive in a pickup. I've always had a truck, and I always will. I rarely haul anything, and I rarely tow anything. When I do, it's nice to have a truck of my own. I'm not trying to impress anyone, trucks just make me happy. I commute on my KLX. The parking garage at work is full of cruisers. I guess I'm not trying to impress anyone with my bike either. I just like dirt bikes that happen to be street legal.

Good luck on your search.

Old 12-03-2007, 05:09 PM
1st Gear Member

yeah they do if you go up to the denali types i think. the complete packaged chevy is quite pimp too i find . I personally like the front end better on the chev. but like people, its whats on the inside that counts. I'm a big fan of this duramax.

Old 12-03-2007, 05:11 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: klx250s_rider

How about Deej driving to work in this baby!

I came across one of these side by side in a tim hortons parking lot, in my brother in laws hummer, and I just had to be "that guy" and point at him and laugh! hahahah it was funny.

Old 12-03-2007, 05:12 PM
IG

eric, seems we have the same tastes in trucks, bikes, and our favorite female body part.

Old 12-03-2007, 05:12 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: IG
Others, well, it's just a symbol.
Or, maybe, it's just a truck.

Old 12-03-2007, 05:23 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: IG

eric, seems we have the same tastes in trucks, bikes, and our favorite female body part.
ah..... the good things in life.

Quick Reply: new truck, need opinions