new truck, need opinions

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2007, 03:04 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: new truck, need opinions

Here is some pics of nice trucks. I like the new Avalanche.

Old 12-03-2007, 03:09 AM
1st Gear Member

This should handle anything you want to tow...

Old 12-03-2007, 03:24 AM
1st Gear Member

And we cant leave out dodge.

and finally Toyota

Old 12-03-2007, 03:29 AM
1st Gear Member

I hate when the pic is too big butI don't know how to fix it.[sm=smiley6.gif]

Old 12-03-2007, 04:18 AM
1st Gear Member

I can give a totally unbiased opinion here since I was in the market for all three diesel makers, just depended on which truck I found had what I wanted. Turned out to be an 06 Chevy Duramax. Compared to my Dodge Cummins, this thing is a monster. More more more everywhere I found. Unless you get the megacab or whatever it is dodge has, you'll find the back much smaller compared to the gm and ford crew cabs.

I get to see all different kinds out in the field at work and really they are all pretty good it seems, although I've heard more ford troubles than most. My uncle had a problem with each of the last 4 years of ford diesels so he doesnt like them for that. Not sure if this is true, but didn't ford buy cummins? Anyway I wouldnt get an 08 ford just yet as its a new setup, although its hard because they are a sweet truck for sure.

I like the chevy better than the dodge, although the dodge had a much bigger fuel tank, and I've only had my chev for about a month too so I haven't pounded the **** out of it. Never had a problem with the cummins engine over the past 2.5 years I had it, but the dodge handled like a wheelbarrow compared to the chev. Definately a more comfortable ride IMO. You wont go wrong with the Chev or the Dodge, Ford not sure because I haven't owned one.

Anyway before anyone starts flaming me I'm only talking diesel engines, so **** off with the gas jobs. I don't know enough about them to make a solid statement.

Old 12-03-2007, 04:42 AM
IG

ORIGINAL: loudoo76

well i do agree with you IG a van would be ideal for hauling the family around and they do ride really nice, my best friend just bought one and its pretty nice, correction damn nice but him and his wife both use it and also have a nissan maxima, with that said my wife already has an suv, which is fine, but i need more than the two seats my truck provides, and some more hauling power, i have a 28' allglass that gets towed and cords of firewood that also get towed and a van just won't cut it, i already plan to keep my rumblebee, i just need something...stronger?? maybe thats not the word i am looking for but my truck is just a 1500 series with ground effects, cowl hood, and stickers
well it's good to see at least one intelligent person read my post. as I stated in it, it was just a recommendation if you didn't need a large truck but turns out you do. just one more thing to consider about the larger 3/4 and 1 ton trucks is that the ford and dodge both have solid front axles whereas the GM trucks have IFS which is the reason people are saying they ride better. IFS is not as stout as a solid axle and will not perform four-wheeling duties as well as the stronger, more flexible solid axle. one more thing to think about.....do you really want two gas/diesel guzzling trucks? one of which is pretty much useless unless it's just you and a buddy?

I wonder if any of those posts by the three stooges,which do nothing but slam and insult me, will be deleted deej. seems like I get posts deleted for comments calmer than those. I guess this will kind of be a test to see if what you said in your PM was true.

http://www.leftlanenews.com/toyota-r...-vehicles.html

Old 12-03-2007, 05:03 AM
1st Gear Member

Off topic, wtf is the deal with Diesel being more than petrol?!? I thought it was a biproduct of gasoline [:@]

Back on topic (sort of), I think stating that driving a big crew cab truck is an ego stroke is pretty ignorant. If I wanted something to stroke my ego and waste my money I'd buy an italian sports car.

If you own a diesel you know your going to have a solid engine than runs like new even after 100,000 miles, and quite some time longer. And the option of pulling big stuff is always there.

Minivans suck. Sure they're spacious and fuel efficent, but theres no fun involved in them. I will never own one, and I dare anyone to question my manhood for saying so. Big deal if you put DVD' players in them, you could put a DVD player in anything, even a KLX. I guess it depends how many kids your hauling around, but I'd rather a pickup crew cab, so theres lots of room in the back, and you can pack a pile of **** with you in the box, and bring even more back from wherever you are.

And back completely on topic, true if you don't haul tons of stuff and don't plan on keeping it for a real long time, diesel might not be the way to go....unless the price of diesel smartens up!

Another drawback to diesels is that if you live in cold areas, make sure you've always got your extension cord handy

Old 12-03-2007, 05:19 AM
IG

ORIGINAL: stellar_d

Off topic, wtf is the deal with Diesel being more than petrol?!? I thought it was a biproduct of gasoline [:@]

Back on topic (sort of), I think stating that driving a big crew cab truck is an ego stroke is pretty ignorant. If I wanted something to stroke my ego and waste my money I'd buy an italian sports car.

If you own a diesel you know your going to have a solid engine than runs like new even after 100,000 miles, and quite some time longer. And the option of pulling big stuff is always there.

Minivans suck. Sure they're spacious and fuel efficent, but theres no fun involved in them. I will never own one, and I dare anyone to question my manhood for saying so. Big deal if you put DVD' players in them, you could put a DVD player in anything, even a KLX. I guess it depends how many kids your hauling around, but I'd rather a pickup crew cab, so theres lots of room in the back, and you can pack a pile of **** with you in the box, and bring even more back from wherever you are.

And back completely on topic, true if you don't haul tons of stuff and don't plan on keeping it for a real long time, diesel might not be the way to go....unless the price of diesel smartens up!

Another drawback to diesels is that if you live in cold areas, make sure you've always got your extension cord handy
LOL, after reading your post I agree with a lot. But here's where we differ; you've never hauled kids before in a crew-cab truck, you've never put cargo in the bed of a crew-cab truck, and you've never priced an Italian sports car because no matter how large your ego, even you couldn't afford one of them. The Grand Caravan with the stow 'n go rear seats will hold more cargo..... space-wise than any pickup with an 8' box or smaller. It won't do the weight but if you keep it within reasonable limits, there is more space in this van; as with the seats folded in the floor it's like a cargo van essentially.

but the statement that showed the most intelligence and prudence in your post had to had been "Minivans suck!" That showed that you really thought out your decision and accentuated your expertise in why the minivan market is so weak reinforcing the reasoning that virtually everyone is trading them off for crew-cab pickups which offer much more interior space, advantageous fuel efficiency, andmanymore doodads.

finally, reread my post....I said that it was just an ego thing if you didn't need the truck and I'm talking pretty much diesel dualies. If you drive a truck like that just to get to the office, chances are you have an ego problem.

Old 12-03-2007, 05:20 AM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

In case anyone is wondering, it was me that deleted a couple of the posts. Now lets keep it civil in there you monkey's.

Old 12-03-2007, 05:29 AM
IG

Quick Reply: new truck, need opinions