New Tail Light

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2006, 07:28 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member
Default RE: New Tail Light

Hmmmm I went back to look at the pics again and it keeps locking my PC up.

deej

Old 03-15-2006, 08:28 PM
1st Gear Member

You know to be honest im not sure if they are DOT approved or not. I bought them from the parts dept. at my dealer. If they arent and I need to put my stock ones back on I have made it that I can just slap them on for the inspection and then take'em bake off again.

Sorry if the pictures arent working for you. I have them in my album as well. that might work better for you. not sure.

and yeah.... to lazy to change that damn date on the camera.... he he

Old 03-15-2006, 09:31 PM

Nice job on the lights,
now you don't have to worry about busting them every time you take a fall. About that tank, I really hope that Kawi makes one too, from what I understand to have a vehicle street legal, the tank must be made out of metal, and all the other aftermarket tanks I have seen are not. So hopefully they will make a tank around 3 gallons or so, that would be grea!! I'm just now starting to get into the mods also, but I'm new at modding bikes, and am doint a little more research to make sure I don't screw things up.
Hey Deej, what do you think of the repair manual that you got for the bike? Does it match our bikes pretty well?

Old 03-16-2006, 01:27 AM

LOOKS GOOD GARY! I like that skid plate not to big not too small. We still need to have a talk about that rack though! HA! HA!

Old 03-16-2006, 02:34 AM
1st Gear Member

Nice work Gravy! Looks good!

[soap box on] Do the carb work. It's not hard at all and the results are AMAZING! I did a 220 mile dual sport ride today on all kinds of roads and averaged 58 mpg even with a 15 knot headwind for half the trip (and I'm 225lbs in gear to boot). [soap box off]

Old 03-24-2006, 08:26 PM
1st Gear Member

Hey Gravy, is this the same one you have?

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com...661&Division=6

Old 03-24-2006, 09:15 PM
1st Gear Member

That's it!!! In the link you sent, if you look at the black plastic plate you notice a hole were you put a screw. On mine I cut everthing from that hole down. My license plate fits from the top to just below the hole. So I trimed it all down to fit nice and neat. If you dont cut some of the plate off. It will hang past the fender about an inch or maybe less. Depending on how big you license plate is the more you can trim off. Good luck.. I love the way it makes the bike look... more like a dirt bike. The light also has a clear piece right above the license plate frame which really lights up the tag and ground when you hit the brake.

Old 03-24-2006, 09:27 PM
1st Gear Member

Ohh yeah... I forgot to say that when you put the screws on you should put them up side down so if there are any excess screw threads they will not puncture you tire if you happen to bottom out. Which I have yet to do. but better safe then sorry. Here is a picture with a bit more detail of what I was talking about.

Ohh and by the way the light does not come with any extra wires. You have to cut the one you have and splice them together. Or do what I did. I unpluged the stock wires from the wiring harness and bought all new wire and a soldering gun and just re-wired the whole thing. That way I can put the stock back on if I wish and not have to worry about the wires.

[IMG]local://upfiles/998/DD6E14DD13C94C34A5ED60872C66D81C.jpg[/IMG]

Old 03-24-2006, 09:28 PM
1st Gear Member

Okay the drawing I made on the picture didn't show up... you have to CLICK on the picture.

Old 03-25-2006, 12:05 AM
1st Gear Member

Ok last question. Do you still have the stock handle bars? Do the acerbis handguards go in easy, and are the hand guards all the same part number? OK that was three questions. LOL I think I found them for $67.50 Does that sound like the right price for the pair? OK 4 questions.

deej

Quick Reply: New Tail Light