New Skid Plate from Utah Sport Cycle

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2006, 01:12 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: New Skid Plate from Utah Sport Cycle

ORIGINAL: cwgoff

If I get pics from Mike this evening, I will post them tonight. Stay tuned.

Chris
[sm=ttiwwp.gif]

[sm=happybounce.gif]

Old 10-26-2006, 05:02 AM

Good news/Bad News - I just got this email from Mike at USC:

+++++++++++
Chris, I've got a nice looking prototype done but i left my digital camera at home so i'll have to send you pictures first thing tomarrow morning.
+++++++++++

They are on Mountain Time, so I would expect we will have pics by late morning EST.

Old 10-26-2006, 06:17 AM
1st Gear Member

Chris,
I just PM'ed you. Thanks for doing this.
Julia

Old 10-26-2006, 06:32 AM
1st Gear Member

Ditto on the PM!

Thanks Chris

Old 10-26-2006, 07:11 AM

This is great. We need to do this with an aftermarket seat manufacturer next. On the topic of guards and such, who sells a good brake line guard? I hit my front brake (lower) line on a stump the other day. Seems wierd that they would leave it exposed like that, never noticed till I hit it on something. I may have bent it slightly and that it why it looks so out of place now.

Old 10-26-2006, 07:30 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Ginsu4u

This is great. We need to do this with an aftermarket seat manufacturer next. On the topic of guards and such, who sells a good brake line guard? I hit my front brake (lower) line on a stump the other day. Seems wierd that they would leave it exposed like that, never noticed till I hit it on something. I may have bent it slightly and that it why it looks so out of place now.
Here's a link to my home-made guard: Custom Fabricated Front Brake Line Guard

I just finished doing the structural fabricating for the front piece and have to do the cosmetics next (holes & painting), then will update the thread with new pictures.

I think others have replaced the solid tubing with a stainless steel braided flexible brake line ... I think it was routed inside the fork leg. (Apparently the "right" way to route the brake line is patented by somebody - maybe Honda?, so Kawasaki was forced to do it the way it is one our bikes.)

Here's a picture of a commercial guard, but it only protects the bottom, not the front:

I can dig up links to the braided brake line or the commercial guard if you want.

Mike

Old 10-26-2006, 08:37 AM
1st Gear Member

+1 to all above.
Thanks Chris.

This forum is working out rather nicely.

Cheers

Old 10-26-2006, 05:50 PM

Now I'm getting excited!

This past weekend when I was up in North Carolina riding like an 18 year old - I've been paying the price ever since - I noticed there are a lot more rocks up there then we have in Florida. The KLX is my "off road weapon of choice" so I think I really need to get it set up for that kind of riding. I'm making multiple trips up there each year and would like to always bring the bike back without anything leaking out of the case because of an "unfortunate incident".

Chris, I would like to publicly thank you for taking the lead on this and getting it done! Great job! Yes, when you have 15 to 20 immediate sales for a product that is still in developement, that makes folks sit up and take notice!

As I've said before, just let me know how much and where to send the money to. Also let us know how you want to handle this - pay USC directly or whatever you think is right.

Old 10-26-2006, 06:23 PM

Marty,

Thanks for the accolades, but I can't say my motives are altogether altruistic. Like you and others here, I have been chomping at the bit to get a good quality bash plate for our bikes. I just got excited when tefer broke his news about the development.

The real thanks go to tefer for (a) getting it started in the first place, (b) donating his bike and (c) leaving his bike extra long so they can take pics. I mean, good grief, he is giving up his weekend riding just so that we impatient jokers can see pics of the plate.[sm=Flahssssss.gif]

This has been a lot of fun communicating with the designer. I think it is really cool that they are letting us participate in the development this way. I can't wait to see the pics.

As for the logistics, it will basically end up being individual orders directly to USC. Once they are ready, they will email the discount code to each person on the "commited" list. You will then go to the USC site and place your order. At checkout, you will enter the discount code to receive your 15% off. Pretty straightforward.

Old 10-26-2006, 07:23 PM

ORIGINAL: cwgoff

Marty,

Thanks for the accolades, but I can't say my motives are altogether altruistic. Like you and others here, I have been chomping at the bit to get a good quality bash plate for our bikes. I just got excited when tefer broke his news about the development.

The real thanks go to tefer for (a) getting it started in the first place, (b) donating his bike and (c) leaving his bike extra long so they can take pics. I mean, good grief, he is giving up his weekend riding just so that we impatient jokers can see pics of the plate.[sm=Flahssssss.gif]

This has been a lot of fun communicating with the designer. I think it is really cool that they are letting us participate in the development this way. I can't wait to see the pics.

As for the logistics, it will basically end up being individual orders directly to USC. Once they are ready, they will email the discount code to each person on the "commited" list. You will then go to the USC site and place your order. At checkout, you will enter the discount code to receive your 15% off. Pretty straightforward.

Chris,
Thanks for the kind words, We all are part of a new way of doing business I think.
Ya, I would like to have my bike this weekend(Idaho is great riding) but if the design needs working(with imput from Us) we all have a better product in the long run.
People happy= USC gets more business and maybe a better design than another plate maker.
I 'm going now(no pics) so it will be like Christmas early Monday.You guys will see it and have your comments to make so I hope USC does make us a good one
Its worth the wait to me
Dave

Quick Reply: New Skid Plate from Utah Sport Cycle