New Skid Plate from Utah Sport Cycle

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2006, 02:08 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: GROUP BUY - New Skid Plate from Utah Sport Cycle

I'm in if it looks close to the CRD...... make sure they drill some big holes in it so I can blow out sand and mud.

My firewall will not allow IMs so here's my email owenb@repassociates.com

Don't forget me cwgoff.... and good job on grabbing the bull by the horns.

Old 10-25-2006, 02:29 AM
1st Gear Member

@ cwgoff
pm sent

Old 10-25-2006, 04:09 AM

ORIGINAL: cwgoff

All,

I just got off of the phone with Mike Gibbs at Utah Sport Cycle. He is the guy at USC that will be designing the skid plate for our bike [thanks to tefer (Dave T) for donating his bike for the design work]. Mike confirmed that Dave dropped his bike of today, so the plates should be ready in about a week.

I was able to express our enthusiasm at having a USC plate designed for our bike. I also got a plug in for the CRD wrap-around design that we all like. He assured me that the design would be a wrap-around design, and he was interested in any information that I could supply for the CRD unit. I sent him the link to the thread where MavAus posted the pics of the CRD plate that the has on his bike. I told Mike that most folks here consider the CRD as the plate of choice except for price and availability. I told him that all plates are judged against the CRD as the ideal, and that his plate would be similarly judged.

With all of that said, I also asked about the group buy opportunity. He was very receptive to that. He says that USC understands the value of these forums to get the word out about their products. He says that they could easily give us a 15% group buy discount if we can get as few as 10 people commited to buy the new plate. He also said that they would handle it as a discount code emailed to the people on this forum that want to receive it. He assured me that USC would use the email address to send the code and then trash the email address.

So here's the deal. If you are interested in being on the group buy list, please send me a PM with your email address. I will consolidate the addresses into a single email to Mike, and he will send the discount code to you. I don't know his expectations about passing the code along to others. When I email him the list, I will ask him to include guidance about that in his email to you. Also, rest assured that I won't do anything with the email address other than passing them to Mike.

I hope this is agreeable to everyone. If someone knows of a better way to handle getting the code distributed, please suggest it.

Thanks again to tefer for getting this started with USC.

I'm glad to donate the bike.First mod so far
IWork graves(haven't seen the later posts about design concerns) so it's good to know that you contacted them about the style.
It seems that they will try to cover as much as possiable without getting overly design crazy.
Thanks for everyone on this site for communicating all that you do with this fun bike.
This machine is my return to biking from a 20+ year layoff
Last dirt bike was a 74 KX400,what a change.
Thanks again to everyone in this fourum.
It kinda feels like family here.
Dave

Old 10-25-2006, 04:20 AM

Just to make sure that there is no confusion, I thought it might be helpful to list the screen names of everyone on the "confirmed buy" list. I hope no one minds me doing it this way, but this is the only way that I can think to communicate to each person that they are on the list.

If you have provided me with your info and are not listed here, then that means somehow your message did not come through. I have had that happen before with PMs on this forum, so this is not completely out of the question.

I will keep the list up-to-date as I receive new requests. We are already very close to the 10 order hurdle to get the 15% discount.

NOTE: LIST MOVED TO LATER POST IN THIS THREAD. LOOK NEAR THE END OF THE THREAD FOR THE OFFICIAL LIST.

Old 10-25-2006, 04:33 AM
Default RE: New Skid Plate from Utah Sport Cycle

cwgoff,
you're quick and you seem to have the ball rolling.I do hope they give everyone a good deal.
I hurried after work and trailered the bike to SLC,
went home and crashed before getting on line.
Dave

Old 10-25-2006, 04:41 AM
1st Gear Member

Thanks to tefer and cwgoff for spearheading the group buy ... hopefully this will be the first of many "economies of scale" opportunities for forum members!!!

(Chris: Just sent you a PM with my e-mail address.)

Mike

Old 10-25-2006, 05:34 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: YYY.GUY

Thanks to tefer and cwgoff for spearheading the group buy ... hopefully this will be the first of many "economies of scale" opportunities for forum members!!!

(Chris: Just sent you a PM with my e-mail address.)

Mike
+1

Put me down for 2.
(My mate Rob is sure to want 1)

Cheers

Old 10-25-2006, 06:07 AM

ORIGINAL: tefer

cwgoff,
you're quick and you seem to have the ball rolling.I do hope they give everyone a good deal.
I hurried after work and trailered the bike to SLC,
went home and crashed before getting on line.
Dave
tefer, hope I didn't steal your thunder. I just figured that since your plate needs will be all satisfied here in the next few days that you would not want to be bothered with organizing the group order. Luckily, USC does not require that we physically pool our orders like I feared they might. The discount code approach makes it nice and easy for everyone to participate without things getting too complicated.

Anyway, thanks again for getting the ball rolling on this. I think it is pretty obvious that folks have been waiting for a while for a quality plate manufacturer to pay some attention to our little green machine.

Welcome to the forum. You have made quite an entrance.

Chris

Old 10-25-2006, 06:35 AM

tefer, hope I didn't steal your thunder. I just figured that since your plate needs will be all satisfied here in the next few days that you would not want to be bothered with organizing the group order

No Biggie, I get dingy (from working all night) and would forget something..

Anyway, thanks again for getting the ball rolling on this. I think it is pretty obvious that folks have been waiting for a while for a quality plate manufacturer to pay some attention to our little green machine.

Welcome to the forum. You have made quite an entrance.

Chris

Thanks Chris, I live close and thought I would take the bike by and see what they could do.
Dave

Old 10-25-2006, 09:59 AM
1st Gear Member

BMWHD our illustrious leader [sm=hail.gif] will want one I reckon, he asked me to get a CRD off ebay when I got mine but I missed the end of the auction [:@]

Cheers

Quick Reply: New Skid Plate from Utah Sport Cycle