Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2007, 09:52 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: New Skid Plate from Utah Sport Cycle

Would have deleted the whole thing but I don't know how

Old 05-20-2010, 05:02 PM
1st Gear Member
Location: In North Western Jersey, but from Jackson, WY Originally

As of today... 5/20/2010 I ordered this for my KLX that I just bought recently, saw this thread with the discount and thought, hey it's 2 years old, but why not call and ask! guy on phone was super helpful, friendly and gladly extended the discount for an over the phone order. Under $80 for a fabulous piece of equipment ... a great supplier, many thanks to them, looking forward to installing for next weekend!

Old 05-20-2010, 05:28 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by jacksonriding7
As of today... 5/20/2010 I ordered this for my KLX that I just bought recently, saw this thread with the discount and thought, hey it's 2 years old, but why not call and ask! guy on phone was super helpful, friendly and gladly extended the discount for an over the phone order. Under $80 for a fabulous piece of equipment ... a great supplier, many thanks to them, looking forward to installing for next weekend!
I agree 100%! Thanks for the great tip!

I also just spoke to Mike (a super guy) and told him about this thread and that when I tried to order off their website using the code #852147 I got a message saying the code had expired.

Well he had nothing but good things to say about Kawasakiforums and said he would go ahead and re-instate the code and discount till the end of the year!! Thanks Mike!!!

Mine is now ordered and being shipped out right away!!!

Old 07-19-2010, 01:20 AM
JAC
1st Gear Member

I just ordered one. I C&P the code quoted in Miaugi's post and a 15% discount was applied immediately.

Old 07-19-2010, 02:33 AM
1st Gear Member

Smart business 101. Smart businessman honors an expired coupon, which knocks off a little bit of his price. Happy customer spreads news of his good experience, and smart businessman quickly makes two more sales. Everybody's happy.

Old 07-19-2010, 01:03 PM
1st Gear Member

I just saw this thread, and immediately ordered a plate.

I'd like to know how much $$$$ the Internets have cost me over the years on these scenarios.

Well, likely better I don't...

Old 07-19-2010, 09:06 PM
1st Gear Member

maybe this should be stickied for as long as the code is active.

Old 07-19-2010, 09:52 PM
1st Gear Member

Great guys over there. I had bought one for my 06 When I had it and it was a solid piece of equipment.

I now have a Moose Racing skid plate for my KTM, which I heard is manufactured for Moose by Utah. Knowing their products, this helped sell me on this plate.

Old 08-06-2010, 10:36 PM
1st Gear Member

Just ordered mine. Code still works.

Old 08-12-2010, 05:50 PM
1st Gear Member

Wow. I am very impressed with this thread. I read all 16 pages, and was hooked . . . funny. Kind of like buying a TV Series you like to watch... NO COMMERCIALS ! No waiting. I had no idea the skid plate I got on ebay, called a moose plate, came from this lineage. It's exactly the same as pictured in this thread, and is a great plate. Very cool to see that ya'll had a say in how it was designed. CUDOS.

Wish I had gone to Utah's sales page... but, I hadn't found the forum yet.

So. I did leave on my factory plate under this one, as it did fit, and didn't seem to cause any issues. Anyone else do that?

Anyone else 'rubber coat' the inside of theirs for sound issues? I put some foam strips, weather insulation strips to deaden any resonating sounds. Not worth the effort. Curious if anyone took some spray rubberized undercoating...

Quick Reply: New Skid Plate from Utah Sport Cycle