New Skid Plate from Utah Sport Cycle

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2006, 07:15 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: New Skid Plate from Utah Sport Cycle

I just send an e-mail to Mike G. asking for photos to compare the "Standard" plate vs. the "Wider" plate that covers the welded part on the bottom of the frame (He talked about this option in post #87).

If he sends me a couple pics, I'll post them here so we can see what the differences are, and order accordingly.

Mike S.

Old 11-04-2006, 12:32 AM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Man over 1800 hits in this thread, I think that must be a record.

Old 11-04-2006, 12:54 AM
1st Gear Member

Sorry, no pics available of the wider style. Mike G. sent me this e-mail this afternoon:

Unfortunately i was unable to mount one of the wider models before Dave came and took his bike. All I've done different though is extend the plate on the right side to match the left. This will bring the plate over the weld which will cause the plate to mount slightly crooked. It should still bolt down solidly though.

I told him that either way is probably good, so I trusted his first instincts and went with the Standard model.

Old 11-04-2006, 01:01 AM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Yes I got the same e-mail, I told him that I was going to go with the one pictured.

Old 11-06-2006, 04:35 AM
1st Gear Member

Just ordered mine.. It looks great in the pics, Im glad they redid it with the wings to cover more of the engine!!! Can't wait to put it on.

Are folks taking the little plate that comes with the bike off? or putting this one right over it??

Old 11-06-2006, 04:49 AM

ORIGINAL: DirtSurfer

Just ordered mine.. It looks great in the pics, Im glad they redid it with the wings to cover more of the engine!!! Can't wait to put it on.

Are folks taking the little plate that comes with the bike off? or putting this one right over it??
DS,
Pull the little one
Dave

Old 11-06-2006, 04:57 AM
1st Gear Member

gotcha, thanks!!

Dave

Old 11-06-2006, 08:34 PM

I just traded emails with Mike @ USC. I have had a couple of requests from folks that weren't on the original group buy list that wanted to use the discount code. While I figured that USC would probably welcome the extra sales, I was not sure if they wanted to limit access to that code for any reason. Well I asked Mike if I could hand the cost out to other forum members, and as expected, he was more than happy to oblige. To that end, I will just post it here:

The code is 852147. You basically just navigate the site as normal and place the plate (p/n 266) into your shopping cart. As soon as you proceed to checkout, you enter the code and hit "add". The 15% discount is calculated automatically.

Mike is setting the code to expire at the end of this week. Anyone wishing to take advantage of the 15% off group buy discount needs to order their plate by then. FYI, according to Mike's email this morning, the plates should begin shipping tomorrow (11/7/06).

Chris

Old 11-10-2006, 01:47 AM
1st Gear Member

Any news on shipping status? I'm getting antsy!

Old 11-10-2006, 02:46 AM

Todd,

I've got to think that the plates are in the mail. I spoke with Mike on Monday and I am pretty sure he said that the plates were pretty much done except for a little welding on some of them. They still had to get anodized, but he said that is only a few hour process. I am betting that they plates shipped yesterday or today. I don't know that for sure, of course.

I wonder who will be the first to get their plate. Tefer doesn't count. [:'(]

Quick Reply: New Skid Plate from Utah Sport Cycle