New Seat Concepts Seat

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2012, 11:12 AM
1st Gear Member

The seat concepts kit is a BIG improvement over stock, due mostly to the fact the stock seat is so bad for actually sitting down. I haven't seen any degradation in the new seat what so ever, I have put a couple thousand miles on it since being installed. I would definitely recommend.

Old 05-21-2012, 01:23 PM
1st Gear Member

When I get my Ninja 500 next week and make sure all is good with it to be reliable I will send in my 2x4 to Seat concepts.

I am looking at IRC GP-1s for my next tires too. Those to things hopefully will make this good bike even better for my needs.

Old 05-23-2012, 12:08 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by stephenmarklay
When I get my Ninja 500 next week and make sure all is good with it to be reliable I will send in my 2x4 to Seat concepts.

I am looking at IRC GP-1s for my next tires too. Those to things hopefully will make this good bike even better for my needs.
I believe you'll be really pleased with the seat. I did 110 mile ride several days ago on mine(mostly pavement) and was reminded again what a large improvement it was.

The GP-1 is a copy of the Kenda 270 with a softer compound. I never used this but have the 110. The 110 is a good pavement-dirt road tire. A lot of riders like IRC tires, but IRC prices have soared over last several years.

Old 05-23-2012, 01:49 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by kojack06
I believe you'll be really pleased with the seat. I did 110 mile ride several days ago on mine(mostly pavement) and was reminded again what a large improvement it was.

The GP-1 is a copy of the Kenda 270 with a softer compound. I never used this but have the 110. The 110 is a good pavement-dirt road tire. A lot of riders like IRC tires, but IRC prices have soared over last several years.
I think I decided on the GP-1 vs the 270 since some people thought the front 270 felt a but squishy on the pavement as speed. I did not read that in reviews of the GP-1 however. The Shinko 244 is also the same and a lot of people actually like that over the 270. The Shinko however has a low speed rating on the front for our size (75mph) and while it would likely never be an issue given the choice I would rather have a higher limit.

I can't wait for the seat improvement. I have very few complaints about the bike. The seat however, after a couple thousand street miles, is showing its weakness.

I also could hope for a slightly slicker shifting gear box. But that is not likely going to happen. I will just work on my skills.

Old 05-23-2012, 04:09 PM
1st Gear Member

My stock seat showed its weakness after a 2 hour trail ride. Just like sitting on a 2x4. It's not necessarily the hardness of it, but the shape of it - felt like it was trying to spread my butt bones.

I am very happy with my Seat Concepts seat - a huge improvement.

Old 05-23-2012, 04:45 PM
1st Gear Member

Hmmm.... did 140 miles last weekend (70+ off-road miles) with the stock seat. It was only on the last 20 miles of pavement that I was wishing for a more comfortable seat.

Old 05-23-2012, 08:00 PM
1st Gear Member

I am usually good on mine unless I ride for 2-3 days in a row at some distance (60+ miles each day). At that point the cumulative beating takes a toll

I do think on dirt where I was not so stationary I would be ok. It is all the slab. Even moving around a bit does nothing after a while.

Old 05-24-2012, 09:14 PM
1st Gear Member

I'm sold. Ordered one today. What's the point of having a sweet bike if you can only stand to be on it for an hour at a time?

Old 05-24-2012, 11:13 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by mikesova
I'm sold. Ordered one today. What's the point of having a sweet bike if you can only stand to be on it for an hour at a time?
I think most bikes can be improved on in this dept. After I send this one in I am planning on getting a better seat for the new Ninja too. Not sure on this one though since Corbin is what most people do on that and they are big $.

I am really looking forward to sending this in. Love the bike and it will be just that much better.

Old 05-25-2012, 07:59 AM
1st Gear Member

I ordered my new seat after a March trip back to Big Bend National Park. The stock seat was fine for riding the hundreds of miles of public dirt roads in the park where you're standing a lot. However, a paved trip from Terlingua down Hwy 170 to Presideo and then on to Pinto Canyon and return was miserable. Hwy 170, which parallels the Rio Grande and goes through Madera Pass is beautiful. The KLX 250 is a great little DS bike.

Quick Reply: New Seat Concepts Seat