new Renthals

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2006, 10:43 PM
Default new Renthals

Just put on my Renthal "Jimmy Button" bend bars, MSR mirrors, and spider grips. Haven't tried them yet, but the bars are a little longer, and quite a bit taller than the stockers. I like how compact the mirrors are, but the mounting nuts are the size of..well, they're REAL small. [:@]A real pain in the A*S if you don't have fingers the size of a newborn. Will give updates/pics after trying them out.

Old 06-03-2006, 11:48 PM
Admin
1st Gear Member
Default RE: new Renthals

Let us know how you like the mirrors - I'm interested in replacing mine withing something not quite so heavy and that you can fold down. They don't look very tall - can you see OK behind you on the road?

Old 06-04-2006, 12:52 AM

The mirrors don't do much more than keep you legal. They are very small and short. To see behind you you have to tuck your arm/shoulder in, and move your head. There is no glancing at the mirror. They also vibrate badly. I'm going to try and get used to them, but will more than likely go back to the old mirrors. Might want to save your money. I've seen a universal mirror mount that allows the mirrors to fold down. That might be an option. I saw them at Chaparrals. The bars and grips on the other hand are awesome! I've only ridden on the road so far, but they made the on-road handling way better. It handles like whole different bike. I can't wait to try it out in the dirt.

Old 06-04-2006, 01:18 AM
Admin
1st Gear Member

Yeah, I really like my Renthal and my MSR Hawkins guards. Post a pic of your guards - I love seeing other people's bling. Here's the Hawkins:

Edit: fix image link

Old 06-04-2006, 02:34 AM
Default RE: new Renthals..and MUZZY!

Don't have new guards yet. I'm wishing I would have bought them yesterday when I got the Renthals. I also got my Muzzy today..after almost 1 and 1/2 months. The worst part was that the dealer had it in for 12 days and didn't bother too tell me! I've been in that shop several times in the last 2 weeks and they never said a word about it. I finally asked them today and the guy says "oh, it's been sitting here for 12 days." Talk about awesome customer service. This is the same dealer that I bought the bike from, and I'm looking to buy a quad soon..probably won't be from them. Will try and get pics up later today..gotta ride right now.

Old 06-04-2006, 03:33 AM
Admin
1st Gear Member

Doh! Glad you finally got it, though. You will be pleased.

Old 06-04-2006, 04:38 AM

The Muzzy Rocks![sm=icon_rock.gif] Wow! That exhaust makes this bike open up and breathe fire..or maybe it was just backfiring..Accelerated to 70mph like it was nothing and then kept it there with no problem. Thoroughly impressed. I haven't even done the carb mods yet(thought the UPS gentleman would be here yesterday..not)and this thing still rips. I can't wait to get the snorkel, etc. I have the 13 tooth CS, but I may not even use it after I get the carb mods done..nah, I will..there no such thing as "good enough"..

Old 06-05-2006, 07:58 PM

I don't recommend the MSR mirrors. I've already went back to the stockers. I like to be able to see behind me, and with the MSR's you can't. Cosmetically, they are great, but functionally, they suck. If you only want mirrors to be legal, they would be fine.