New rear end

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2006, 04:14 AM
Admin
1st Gear Member
Default RE: New rear end

ORIGINAL: KYMER KLX

what model bike did u get the rear fender from? what fabs did u have to make? what company makes that fender? i have been looking atwork and was thinking of the 450f fender but alotof mods would be needed and i wantit to look clean. i have access to all kaw parts im the service manager/lead tech.
This is the MX style rear fender for the KLX300R from Maier Manufacturing: http://www.maier-mfg.com/

You can get black, white, or green. I just got green because I didn't want to have to buy matching parts in another color for everything else. Plus, I wasn't yet sure that it would work. But this one bolts right on but has no facilities for the light, blinkers, etc, so you need to work something out like I did. My layout seems to work OK for now, but I consider it a first pass and will clean it up more over time.

Old 10-25-2006, 04:15 AM
Admin
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: DirtSurfer

Nice Looking light/fender config Brian, very 300ish looking.... should go well with the big bore!! Question for you... What kind of tire is that on the back? D606???
That's a Kenda K760, aka Trak Master II.

Old 10-25-2006, 04:21 AM
1st Gear Member

coooool, looks like a true dirt bike tire.. and its DOT legal?? Any idea how it compares to the D606 for someone who does more dirt then road??

I was reading a post yesterday where someone just changed their back tire out to a D606 and kept the front stock D603. I was thinking thats the way I'm headed, then saw that K760.. thoughts???

Old 10-25-2006, 04:44 AM
Admin
1st Gear Member

Yes, the Trak Master is DOT legal.

I've never ridden a D606, but from looking at it I think it would handle better on the road than the K760. However, I think the K760 would be better for the dirt, at least what I ride here. The K760 has fairly tall skinny ***** that hook up well in the dirt, corners great, and lets loose predictably and with some warning instead of all at once. On the road, those tall ***** that are so good in the dirt tend to bend and flex under high braking, acceleration, and cornering. So it is definitely not to be used aggressively on the road, though I commute with mine quite often I just take it easy on the road.

The D606 on the other hand has fatter ***** that should handle the road better and still hook up pretty good off-road. But not having ridden one, I can't say for sure. Several folks here run them, though and I think they get pretty good reviews.

I like to experiment with tires and while I really like the K760, I will most likely try another when the time comes. I'm thinking of the Bridgestone E660 and E661 next.

Old 10-26-2006, 03:53 AM
1st Gear Member

thanks for the info nobrakes. i am going to putit order ths week. when i get it i will post the pics of what i have done. in flordia u don't have to have signals and i can get away with just a little taillight for it up under the fender. thanks again.

Old 10-27-2006, 02:19 AM
1st Gear Member

The fender looks great much better than stock but if the bike ever gets dropped i think the turn signals will take the full impact.
I put my lights in tight for protection this might work with your new one.
Name:  deans2009.jpg
Views: 15
Size:  132.6 KB
Name:  deans2011.jpg
Views: 14
Size:  102.2 KB

Old 10-27-2006, 03:08 AM
Admin
1st Gear Member

Hey, nice bracket - I like that.

Old 10-31-2006, 02:35 PM

I prefer no rack to shopping car rack imo. Has anybody tried to adapt like an aluminum flat plate for a small bag like the ones made by wolf?? Come on fabricators you can do it!!! 99% of he riders in this forum will modify something to make it lighter, faster or better. We saw rear ends now show me your rack!!

Old 10-31-2006, 02:46 PM

ORIGINAL: jellyfish

We saw rear ends now show me your rack!!
I don't care who you are, that's funny right there.

Old 10-31-2006, 03:02 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

like this?

or like this?

or how about this...this is my favorite kind....

Quick Reply: New rear end