New products

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2010, 11:14 PM
1st Gear Member
Default New products

5/5/11

Thanks all for your support and interest in my efforts to provide parts for the KLX250.

I am no longer in production of the tank or skidplate. My real work demands all my focus now.

If in the future I do make small production runs of them, I will be sure to update here among the KLX250 enthusiasts.

Thanks again,
Bake

Last edited by Bake; 05-16-2011 at 10:44 PM.
Old 01-16-2010, 11:51 PM
1st Gear Member

Looks good!

Old 01-20-2010, 03:18 PM
1st Gear Member

Tonite I will have pics of the new Dakar model skidplate with the toolbox. It is large enough for a good sized tool roll or a new inner tube.

Thanks,
Bake

Last edited by Bake; 02-09-2010 at 06:55 AM.
Old 01-20-2010, 04:01 PM
TNC
1st Gear Member

Bake, that stuff is absolutely beautiful, but do you feel the subframe of the KLX is stout enough back there to carry much of anything that far back on the rack? Is there a reason that the rack isn't a bit closer forward toward the seat?...rider position perhaps? I'm just extremely leary of my '06 KLX's ability to carry a load back there. No flame whatsoever, but those rear rack items look mighty far back. Maybe a gusset kit could also be supplied to address this? Your work...or whoever is building these items...looks outstanding.

Old 01-21-2010, 04:04 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by TNC
Bake, that stuff is absolutely beautiful, but do you feel the subframe of the KLX is stout enough back there to carry much of anything that far back on the rack? Is there a reason that the rack isn't a bit closer forward toward the seat?...rider position perhaps? I'm just extremely leary of my '06 KLX's ability to carry a load back there. No flame whatsoever, but those rear rack items look mighty far back. Maybe a gusset kit could also be supplied to address this? Your work...or whoever is building these items...looks outstanding.
The load a rider applies is up to them; the racks I have seen for the '09's are huge, a person could really overload it. A one gal. would be 7 lbs less. Most racks are rated between 10 and 20 lbs, and there is going to be an engineering margin.
I think the buyers of this rack cover will mostly use clothes and camping gear in a duffle, actually. A tent and a sleeping bag. A load like that will also spread forward onto the seat, my cover plate is an extension.

Last edited by Bake; 02-11-2010 at 02:04 AM.
Old 01-21-2010, 04:14 AM
1st Gear Member
Default Here we go, a couple new items as promised.

I haven't got some of the new stuff priced yet, and I will be adding that info as I get these posted to my website. It may be Sunday before it's up.

This is my new Dakar skid plate with integral Toolbox.
The toolbox is made from extruded box section 1/8" wall 6061T6 aluminum. It has stainless fasteners and a lockable plated clasp. The ground clearance isn't affected. There is plenty of clearance also for the front tire. Toolbox is 2 x 6 x 9, it will hold a spare innertube, or a good sized tool roll.

I plan to get pics of it tomorrow on the bike. This is the same skidplate but with the toolbox added, both are available.

Last edited by Bake; 01-21-2010 at 04:18 AM.
Old 01-21-2010, 07:36 AM
1st Gear Member

that skid plate is pure sex. im so getting that once i get some money.

Old 01-21-2010, 08:42 PM
1st Gear Member

Holly Prices!!!!!
I don't want to sound like a dick, buy your prices are outragous. $175 for the skidplate without the toolbox. What do you want for the skid plate with the toolbox? I can get a Ricochet skid plate for $87.95. I've heard nothing but good things about the Ricochet plate too. You're going to have to really sell me on the quality of your's over the compitition before I spend that kind of cash.

Old 01-21-2010, 10:15 PM
1st Gear Member

the rack looks good but the subfram cant take any weight. I had a pice of ply wood about that size. I had about 15 pounds on it for about 150 miles by the time I got home my subfram had to be weled I have had to have my subfram weled 3 times. I would not put more than 10 pounds on the rack

Old 01-22-2010, 12:46 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by jsteele
Holly Prices!!!!!
I don't want to sound like a dick, buy your prices are outragous.
I'm sorry you feel that way about my products. I work very hard to support the KLX riders from around the globe. I think my skidplate offers more protection for the money.
It is handmade of a single piece...1/8th inch aircraft quality aluminum alloy. It comes with the painted steel front bracket and a replacement engine mount bolt that is needed. My welder is aircraft Certified to weld parts for the Air Force and their jet engines. It's what he does for a living. If you know of a higher quality standard than MIL-SPEC Certified, I'm interested in hearing about it.

The skidplate with toolbox is actually 2 accessories at one time. To my knowledge, it is the only product of it's kind offered to the KLX250 community.

I wish you the best of luck in whatever you buy for your KLX250. Ride safe.

Bake

Last edited by Bake; 01-22-2010 at 02:24 AM.

Quick Reply: New products