A new post "how to /s p i c e/ your klx up"

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2010, 03:14 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Pelican case on the back, tank bag, 12V accessory plug, replaced the rear tail light. Heat deflector. Of course the best after market item that has been added to the bike is....well...me! LOL

Old 11-22-2010, 04:00 PM
1st Gear Member

I have lots of plans for mine, but so far I have done the following.
Added a rack to the back, welded on nuts to bolt on a Pelican case. Added a RotoPax mount to the top of the case with a 1 gallon gas can.
Added a couple bags, and a storage tube.
Cut and trimmed some of the rear fender off, just hated the stock look.
Added a Garmin 60csX GPS mount, and a Walmart ATV seat cover.

Attached Thumbnails A new post "how to  /s p i c e/  your klx up"-2119315-dsc00778.jpg  
Old 11-22-2010, 07:22 PM
1st Gear Member
Wink Pellican case

This seems to be a good one. My first thought was a milk crate, but this case is water proof.

Oh yeah and a 351 kit.

Today I drilled and cut up my stock exhaust.

Drilled the first baffle and the second one with a hole saw to remove the original 14mm id outlet tube. I then welded in a 3/4" pipe coupling 1 1/8" id. Now I can screw in any length "stinger' I want. Its too loud with none. 4" seems to be a good length. Its raining now so I can't try it out. This may be a good mod. I will post more once I drive it.

With the 4" stinger (3/4" water pipe) its not much louder than stock. I figure the out let of the muffler should be close to the inlet in size.

Before I installed the coupling it was just plain obnoxious.

david

Old 11-23-2010, 05:51 PM
1st Gear Member

regarding the hand guards.... MOOSE makes bark busters for not so much... i personally have them and one pair has servived all 3 of my bikes so far. but am gonna try n' git some accerbis just cuz i dont like the look... but when i get the extra $$$!

Old 11-23-2010, 07:41 PM
1st Gear Member

Cut and trimmed some of the rear fender off, just hated the stock look.
When I bobbed the fender, I couldn't figure out why they would go and do something like that to a bike. Then I saw some European KLX vids on Youtube, and good grief, some of those Euro spec MC licence plates are the size of a clipboard, 6 by 8 inches or larger.

Old 11-23-2010, 11:10 PM
1st Gear Member

More on the muffler mod.

It seems to work great. I rode all around today at work doing "stuff". I tried 3 lengths of pipe and the middle one seemed best. I even made a tail pipe out of copper water pipe to save weight over the black iron pipe. It was a total success. I think I gained a little power with out sacrificing anything. I pulled into the police station and asked a cop if he thought it was loud. He said "not at all". Good enough for me.

David

Old 11-24-2010, 01:20 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by cmott426
I made my own graphics. They are holding up well.

Good show, I love the graphics.

M

Old 12-21-2010, 11:49 AM
1st Gear Member

Need more pics!!! nice upgrades, !!!

Old 12-21-2010, 02:01 PM
1st Gear Member

TCI products skid plate and engine guards. Borrego tail rack, Zeta Stingray handguards.

Old 12-21-2010, 05:31 PM
1st Gear Member

i put the acerbis rally pro's on mine, along with putting black numberplate background on the white parts of the plastics... and a buncha stickers! which we all know makes the bike look just as cool as all of us are!!!

Quick Reply: A new post "how to /s p i c e/ your klx up"