New owner have some questions...

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2011, 01:51 AM
1st Gear Member

I like the way you think Matasickle. I myself have a ZX6r for my 'wife' ;-)

Old 06-03-2011, 03:17 AM
1st Gear Member

Thanks for the input guys, i am having trouble getting my m1 written done they wanted me to retake the auto written which costs another chunk of change...I think i will try a different dmv next Wednesday.

So far its an awesome bike, i ordered the 12oclock labs tailights with integrated turn signals and all that jazz....
The rear of this bike is the UGLIEST part. So once i straighten that out, i will probably order the distanzias due to the proper size. At the same time ill go with the 13T and try it out, also change the rear for a lighter sprocket. Might help some.

So many plans!! Also, i have a gtyr slip on from my yz250f, i am thinking of ordering the fmf header pipe, and using this slip on, any idea on the pipe diameters? it was a 2006 yz250f

Thanks!

Old 06-03-2011, 03:21 AM
1st Gear Member

Shaving weight here and there helps alot on a 250. Putting on an aluminum rear sprocket will help abit.

Old 06-03-2011, 12:56 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Savage
Shaving weight here and there helps alot on a 250. Putting on an aluminum rear sprocket will help abit.
Besides the rear sprocket.. where is a good place to start shaving weight?!

Old 06-03-2011, 01:19 PM
1st Gear Member

Decreasing rotational mass makes the biggest difference, so sprockets (rockymtn has alloy ones for $16), tires, tubes, a clean free running chain, then you can go elsewhere like the stock glass headlight, speedo assem, any little extra steel parts.
Have you felt the weight difference between the stock sprocket and an alloy one?
Freeing it up so it breaths easier helps too. DJ kit helps. All those small things add up to a nice noticeable difference on smaller cc bike.

Old 06-03-2011, 06:36 PM
1st Gear Member

I think i am going to order the FMF header pipe, unless someone has a recommendation on a better type? And i will probably try to use either the gtyr slip on, or the stock yz250f can and make a pipe for it...

300$ for a slip on is absurd!!!!! I mean honestly...Its a small aluminum oval tube with a pipe inside made of mesh and a damn endcap?

Old 06-03-2011, 07:06 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Mr.P
I think i am going to order the FMF header pipe, unless someone has a recommendation on a better type? And i will probably try to use either the gtyr slip on, or the stock yz250f can and make a pipe for it...

300$ for a slip on is absurd!!!!! I mean honestly...Its a small aluminum oval tube with a pipe inside made of mesh and a damn endcap?
Someone correct me if I am wrong.. but I have been told that there is no performance gains from an aftermarket header..

Old 06-03-2011, 08:51 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Matasickle
Someone correct me if I am wrong.. but I have been told that there is no performance gains from an aftermarket header..
Some say little change, others say the improvement is significant. I don't recall seeing a dyno chart for w/ or w/o header with no other changes, but I'd like to...

Old 06-03-2011, 09:57 PM
1st Gear Member

I have most of the money saved for the 351 kit but, i need to get some miles on the lil 250

Old 06-16-2011, 05:19 AM
1st Gear Member

Hey guys does anyone have a service manual for these things?

Also my tires are slightly dry cracked around the bead/sidewall, is this not good to drive on? Original tires and bike has around 3000 miles on it?

Quick Reply: New owner have some questions...