New MX Front fender (w/ pics)

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2008, 07:24 PM
1st Gear Member
Default New MX Front fender (w/ pics)

Ibought aCyrca front fender a while ago for a KX or KXF a while ago, didn't fit right at the time, so I threw it in the corner of the garage. Anyways, the winter blues have beenhittin me hard, and living in CT theres nowhere to ride outside the months of May-Oct, so today I thought I would take the time and fit it up. All I needed to do really was make 4 spacers to go around the bolts, inbetween the fender and fork clamp (Is that worded too akwardlyto understand?!). Also riveted the speedometer cable guide onto it. Anyways, its pretty straight foward, here are the pics.

Here are the spacers I made from some scrap I found at work. Notice the left two are a little shorter than the right two, needed to angle the fender a bit because the back was hitting the frame a little. (Longer ones go in back)
Name:  2-1.jpg
Views: 79
Size:  20.1 KB

what i was trying to explain above:
Name:  5-1.jpg
Views: 72
Size:  36.6 KB

Name:  4-1.jpg
Views: 102
Size:  65.1 KB

YEAH I KNOW I NEED A NEW FRONT TIRE!!!
Name:  3-1.jpg
Views: 182
Size:  67.3 KB

Name:  1-1.jpg
Views: 139
Size:  52.3 KB

Old 02-08-2008, 07:33 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member
Default RE: New MX Front fender (w/ pics)

looks good

Old 02-08-2008, 08:17 PM
1st Gear Member

me likie...

Old 02-08-2008, 10:53 PM
1st Gear Member

Old 02-08-2008, 11:22 PM
1st Gear Member

Nice work, cool fender guy!

Old 02-09-2008, 01:17 AM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Let me know if you want some mud flaps made for that.

Old 02-09-2008, 02:03 AM
1st Gear Member

That's a nice looking fender. It appears to be long enough so you don't have mud being thrown back on you. Yes?

Inexpensive too. $18.95 http://store.cycraracing.com/pefrfe.html ...and available in black!

Old 02-09-2008, 02:41 AM
1st Gear Member

I havea black front fender made by UFO that looks exactly like that one. I haven't mounted it yet due to the same problems you were having. I have some spacers I was going to try, but, from looking at yours, mine probaby need to be longer.

Old 02-09-2008, 03:47 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: tremor38

I have one a black front fender made by UFO that looks exactly like that one. I haven't mounted it yet due to the same problems you were having. I have some spacers I was going to try, but, from looking at yours, mine probaby need to be longer.
Yours actually may be ok. AfterI took the pics of those spacers, I ended up using the shorter ones for the back, and even making shorter ones for the front. I wasn't getting enough thread for my liking coming through the longer ones. I didn't measure them, but i'd say the longer of the two pairsI have on the bike are about 5/16-3/8's of an inch, fronts probably only about 1/4". The fender didn't need too be dropped much at all.

Old 02-09-2008, 05:55 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: dirt_beaver

ORIGINAL: tremor38

I have one a black front fender made by UFO that looks exactly like that one. I haven't mounted it yet due to the same problems you were having. I have some spacers I was going to try, but, from looking at yours, mine probaby need to be longer.
Yours actually may be ok. AfterI took the pics of those spacers, I ended up using the shorter ones for the back, and even making shorter ones for the front. I wasn't getting enough thread for my liking coming through the longer ones. I didn't measure them, but i'd say the longer of the two pairsI have on the bike are about 5/16-3/8's of an inch, fronts probably only about 1/4". The fender didn't need too be dropped much at all.
Thanks for the info, DB. I'll be trying on my fenderwhen Iinstall the seat. I've got another week-and-a-half before I can access my bike though.

Quick Reply: New MX Front fender (w/ pics)