Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2006, 07:27 PM
Default new member

Hi all
After lurking for quite awhile I thought I might as well register, since I'm probably gonna have a bunch of questions. I've been an avid mountain biker for the last several years riding hundreds of miles of singletrack here in ncw washington. But I finally decided that I wanted a mountain bike with a motor! After all I'm 49 years old. So after reading tons of stuff, last week I plunked the money down and bought a klx250. It seemed to be the best bike for the singletrack where I like to ride, plus it gives the opportunity to ride lots of other stuff too. Anyway, I'll keep it short and start asking questions later.
By the way, Deej if you're there, my son lives in Forks. He teaches school in Clallam Bay.

Old 05-26-2006, 08:39 PM
Default RE: new member

[sm=welcomesign.gif] I think you will love this bike. It's a blast too ride on/off road with a little "tweaking." I'm an avid Mtn biker myself. What kind of riding do you do? What kind of bike? I mostly trail ride with a LITTLE free riding thrown in, and I ride a Kona Coiler. We definitely live in a great state for mtn biking. Offroad motorcycle riding is another story..in my area anyway(SW WA). Pretty much everything is gated off anymore. [sm=headbang.gif]

Old 05-26-2006, 09:39 PM

thanks for the welcome! I've got a Jamis Dakar Comp that I use for trail riding. No freeriding, but I've raced a few times when I could manage it. Almost all the trails that I mtn bike on are open to motorcycles. Within 10 miles of my house (East Wenatchee) there is a network of about 50 miles of USFS trails that were originally setup for motorcycles but now have waaaay more mtn bikers. Devils Gulch is one that you may or may not have heard of. There are also miles of trails near lake wenatchee, the Entiat, and the Sawtooths between Lake Chelan and the Methow. I agree this is a great state for mtn biking, and around here there are probably a few hundred miles of orv trails that you can ride a klx250 on too.

Old 05-26-2006, 11:57 PM

fish,

Congrats on the new bike! Welcome to our little bit of wonderfulness here on this forum - THE place for the KLX250S ! ! ! !

With folks like BMWHD, A16Tony and a whole host of other knowledgable folks, you'll have your bike up and running the way you want it in no time at all.

Please, understand this, it is not polite to smile when on a long uphill grade and you pass a mountain biker pedaling his butt off and all you need to do is roll on the throttle! [sm=hiya.gif]

Old 05-27-2006, 12:30 AM

Hey Marty. When I'm pedaling up a hill and being passed by a bike with an engine..I just grab onto the rear fender..[sm=happy046.gif]