New Maier MX rear fender...

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2007, 12:26 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: New Maier MX rear fender...

And, yeah, bashing the tank was one of those "I'm an idiot" moments. Luckily the seat still goes on and, once it does, covers almost all the dent. Still, if anybody's got a bead on a stock tank lemme know.

Old 05-27-2007, 12:39 AM
1st Gear Member

Looks Good..[sm=smiley20.gif]

Old 05-27-2007, 03:36 AM

that fender is really nice.. when i look on thier webside it asks for a model what is that fender really for what bike?

Old 05-27-2007, 11:44 AM
1st Gear Member

It's the Maier MX fender for the KLX300.

Old 05-28-2007, 02:55 PM

Im about to buy this settup but i was wondering one thing? turn singnals if the rack is gone where can i mount them?

Old 05-28-2007, 06:13 PM
1st Gear Member

I'm actually working on that myself. Some other people have remounted the stock blinkers using some L-brackets underneath the fender. I've also seen some flush mounted flashers on the sides of the fender. I think here in VA the blinkers have to be at least 9" apart. I need to measure to see if flush mounted lights will give me that separation. I've also seen blinkers mounted off the sides of the rear brake light holder.

Short answer is... it's been done, but you've just got to (and I've got to) figure out which direction to go...

Old 05-28-2007, 11:38 PM
1st Gear Member

I used some mini stalk blinkers. There are 2 extra holes on the rear fender(1 on each side) that i assume are mounting holes for the klx300, our bike does not appear to use the holes so I figured I might as well use them for the turn signals.

Old 10-31-2007, 01:56 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Shrumple

Thanks! The tail light is from a UFO KX rear fender. Somebody was selling the whole setup (fender + tail light assembly) on eBay cheap, labelling it a KX "Enduro" fender. I bought it hoping the whole thing would fit on the KLX. No-go on the fender, but the light carridge just unscrewed from that fender and went straight on the Maier I'd ordered after the fact. I really like it compared to the stock setup. Not real fond of the OEM "drooping tail".

As for the rack, it's so tiny that it really can't hold anything a small backpack couldn't. I guess I'll just grab my pack when I need to carry something.
HAHA, sweet! I did just what you did. Bought that UFO fender.. Tried to cut it to see if it would fit, so now that it's useless.. I can't even sell it. But I'm glad to hear the tail light assembly will fit.
I was thinking just before I cut it.. I could just sell it to a guy for easily the price I bought it for, but then I will never know if it will fit.
I wish I would just do a little more research before doing these things! DOH!

Old 10-31-2007, 02:08 AM
1st Gear Member

Could someone post pics of the MX fender with the rack installed? I'd love to lose the droopy tail but I use the rack daily.

Old 10-31-2007, 09:36 AM
1st Gear Member

I think when I order the fender, I'm going to get black, and then order the black side number plates along with it. Those number plates sure look like they fit our bike, from the 07 klx300r? They do right?
Anyone got any pics of what they cut off of the subframe?
It looks as if there is a tail piece on the end that you could just grind the welds off and the back end would just slide out. But then it takes all of the mounts off the back end? Any ideas anyone?

Quick Reply: New Maier MX rear fender...