New KLX250 for me!

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2012, 08:11 PM
1st Gear Member

Another 150 miles and no hiccup.

Old 09-03-2012, 08:46 AM
1st Gear Member

Thanks for the advice guys - whilst riding the other day the hiccup/surge was quite noticeable betweek about 6000rpm - I remembered the grounding mod here and went home and soldered an extra earth wire from the back of the black/yellow spade connector and connected it to the engine earth point. Took it back out and now it revs freely to about 7500rpm! I don't want to push it as the bike has only got 600km on it.
Next is a Jetting job and new slip-on. Any advice as to which I should go for and where best in Oz to purchase the items?

Old 09-03-2012, 10:48 AM

Hi Mate, I have just done the pipe FMF Q4 and kept the header which works will, did the jetting with Dyno Stage 2 and K&N air filter and removed the snorkel on my 2012. I got everything from the US delivered at $450 using motorcross giant and ebay. That is less than the price of a slip on pipe in Oz. There is a de-restriction of our bikes, essentially, the main jet goes from 132 to 138, Pilot goes to 40, and the two holes at the top of the carby slide are either filled in or replaced with a new slide that has not holes. Apparently, this makes a world of difference. I have hopefully attached what I was sent by KLX4Me, Mine didn't get the de-restriction and is going in this week. I learnt the hard way and already paid for the Dyno Jet kit and installation which will probably be a waste of money now. But anyway, just be careful when reading about the things done to bikes on the forum as the US and AU bikes are somewhat different. This is a great place to read about the bike. Good luck.

FMF Q4, K&N Filter, snorkel removed, 13/48 sprockets, Z Chain, Evo Fat Bars, Jet Barkbusters, B&B Bash Plate, DRC leds, Edge2, All Black OEM Plastics, Pirelli Mx Extra X tyres, Stage 2 DJ Kit, Unibiker Rad Guards, (Black Excel Rims soon).

Attached Thumbnails New KLX250 for me!-rejet_slide_mod.jpg  
Old 09-03-2012, 11:12 AM
1st Gear Member

Thanks Corkster - I'm on it!
:-)

Old 09-04-2012, 01:46 AM
1st Gear Member

Dirtbike Parts, Side By Side Parts, Harley Parts, Sport Bike Parts.

Free shipping to Australia if you spend over $800.

Old 09-04-2012, 02:55 AM
1st Gear Member

Hey, When you are ready to get a pipe, I have a 2 Brothers racing slip on that will boost your bottom end and mid range....makes the bike sound great also....I also have the power tip and a set of after market mirrors that I will include.....$ 345.00 plus shipping....you can go to craigslist...fayetteville, arkansas....motorcycles...type 2 brothers in search bar....I had the pipe on my bike a week, then sold the bike, so its in excellent condtion...text me for more info....479-957-8810.......

Old 09-04-2012, 03:48 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Welcome to the forums! Sorry for the late welcome, I was camping for 5 days.

Old 09-06-2012, 01:40 AM
1st Gear Member

Just put a FMF Q4 today. The bike sounds good but I don't feel it to be more powerful than it was before. If it is, it's barely noticeable. I guess the gain people are claiming has something to do with placebo effect (I don't want to be rude by saying it).

I'll install the Dynojet kit and a KDX snorkel if I find some spare time this week. For now the bike runs good but have some "rumble/pop" when decelerating. Nothing to worry about...

Old 09-06-2012, 01:51 AM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by DustyCowboy
Just put a FMF Q4 today. The bike sounds good but I don't feel it to be more powerful than it was before. If it is, it's barely noticeable. I guess the gain people are claiming has something to do with placebo effect (I don't want to be rude by saying it).

I'll install the Dynojet kit and a KDX snorkel if I find some spare time this week. For now the bike runs good but have some "rumble/pop" when decelerating. Nothing to worry about...

The power on any motor has 3 elements and really to reach the full potential need to be done together. Air in, exhaust out and more fuel. You have taken care of the exhaust out, but added no more fuel or air in yet. Trust me, jetting and opening up the airbox up some will be the difference between night and day.

Old 09-07-2012, 12:16 AM
1st Gear Member

You're right deej! I'm just wondering why so many people are claiming power gain from the pipe change only....

Quick Reply: New KLX250 for me!