New helmet and boots

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2006, 08:44 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member
Default New helmet and boots

While I was hunting last week, my wife and a friend of hers went for a ride on the Xt 225's and my wife borrowed her friend's husband's Scorpion full face helmet, and let's just say we are picking up one for her one on the way to Tacoma this Friday. She said it was so nice not to have to wear the off road goggles. I had ordered a full face helmet a couple of weeks ago, and I wore it yesterday, and I have to say WOW!! What a difference it makes, warm, quiet and its like you're behind a windshield. Even the light rain didn't stick because of some new coating. Anyway, here it is. Oh and after getting my feet soaked 10 minutes into the hunt everyday, I decided to buy for the first time ever some waterproof boots after I got back, and it turns out they are awesome while riding the KLX.

Here is the helmet.
http://www.tonker.com/store/Scorpion...tte_Black.html

Here are the boots, guaranteed water proof, and are the most comfortable boots I have ever wore. I still have my almost brand new Fox Tracker boots, and they are good for trails, but these are nice because I can wear them all day at work.

http://www.georgiaboot.com/lehigh_sh...ory=waterproof

Old 10-25-2006, 09:01 PM
Default RE: New helmet and boots

Deej,

I got a Scorpion helmet when I got my bike. I have really enjoyed it. I wore an HJC loaner while I waited for my Scorpion to arrive. I can say that for me, the Scorpion is more comfortable. I think it goes pretty well with the bike, too. What do you think?

Name:  HelmetPic.jpg
Views: 12
Size:  13.7 KB

Old 10-25-2006, 09:33 PM
1st Gear Member

The Scorpions are sweet. I carry them in my shop because when I first graduated from Sac State I went to interview at Scorpion I got the tour and I got to meet one of the guys that started Scorpion Helmets. I have to say they are a great company. And the helmets come with a lot of features that are desireable and useful. Like the liner that wicks moisture from your face, the anti fog shields and quick change shield system. All at a great price! Scorpion is doing a great job! By the way they do have an off road line too. If you all ever need shields, replacement pads or a new helmet hit me up.

Old 10-26-2006, 01:38 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: deej

While I was hunting last week, my wife and a friend of hers went for a ride on the Xt 225's and my wife borrowed her friend's husband's Scorpion full face helmet, and let's just say we are picking up one for her one on the way to Tacoma this Friday. She said it was so nice not to have to wear the off road goggles. I had ordered a full face helmet a couple of weeks ago, and I wore it yesterday, and I have to say WOW!! What a difference it makes, warm, quiet and its like you're behind a windshield. Even the light rain didn't stick because of some new coating. Anyway, here it is. Oh and after getting my feet soaked 10 minutes into the hunt everyday, I decided to buy for the first time ever some waterproof boots after I got back, and it turns out they are awesome while riding the KLX.

Here is the helmet.
http://www.tonker.com/store/Scorpion...tte_Black.html

Here are the boots, guaranteed water proof, and are the most comfortable boots I have ever wore. I still have my almost brand new Fox Tracker boots, and they are good for trails, but these are nice because I can wear them all day at work.

http://www.georgiaboot.com/lehigh_sh...ory=waterproof

Looks like a nice helmet, Deej. How is it as far as size goes? Does it feel bigger/smaller than other brands she tried or the same? I'm wondering because the website doesn't include a sizing chart for Scorpions.

Old 10-27-2006, 12:55 AM
1st Gear Member

Its Time for new boots and I Always bought alpinestars but I think I'm going to buy the SIDI boots. I'm trying to find them locally but no luck. Dose anybody own SIDI boots? How do like them?

http://www.chaparral-racing.com/Chap...103F9AF4FE9BEE