New guy, same questions

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2022, 12:05 AM
1st Gear Member
Default New guy, same questions

I have jetted the KLX a couple of times now. The current set up is the recommended DynoJet kit, stock spring, stock slide lift port hole size, Basically what I understood as the recommendation for the DG pipe/stock header/lidless set up. MCM also.

Questions; when they say 1n they mean first clip groove down from the blunt end?

Because there is so much written and so much good info out there, which is hard to sift through, what is the best carb set up recommendations for my lidless/MCM/DG/800 foot above sea level/ stock engine sized 2009 KLX250S? As far as clip position and main jet, and any new discoveries.

I know nearly everyone that gets on the board probably asks these questions, sorry.

I would like to thank you all in advance……

Old 01-11-2022, 03:47 AM
1st Gear Member

DJ140 main jet.
1N is the clip at the top most setting. 1st notch down from the top of the needle. The top of the needle is the end that lives in the slide - the bottom of the needle is the pointy end that hangs down in the needle jet.

No new discoveries for the carb'd KLX's. But once you finish setting up your carb, your bike will run circles around any other KLX - except those running the other lidless mod combo ( Lidless + DJ144 + full exhaust + MCM)

The only discovery that needs to happen ( for a potential new mod combo that makes more power than what you'll have,) is if/when someone dyno tunes a TM36-68 carb to get proper max performance fueling established on a full exhaust system + lidless airbox + MCM. Such a combo might chart out with higher performance than either of the existing lidless mod combos.

Old 01-11-2022, 10:21 AM
1st Gear Member

I thank you very much! Just what I wanted.

Old 01-15-2022, 11:58 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

Nice ride

Now I know where to go when I grab a klx (kidding, some good reads here on the klx)

Old 01-17-2022, 03:40 PM
1st Gear Member

Could you tell me where I can get the DynoJet main jet? Thanks

Old 01-17-2022, 07:30 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Byrdjo
Could you tell me where I can get the DynoJet main jet? Thanks
This may help with an interchange. https://www.jetsrus.com/FAQs/FAQ_mik...ihin_sizes.htm

Old 02-21-2022, 04:05 PM
1st Gear Member

It misses above 9K.

i installed a K152 main, carb set up as per instructions. If it were an 2stroke I’d say it was too rich on top. But it pulls good until it hits 9K, then the 8 Stroke studdering starts.

Any wisdom you’ll would like to share?

Again, thanks!

Old 02-21-2022, 07:29 PM
1st Gear Member

Not possible for it to be too rich. Not if using a K152 with a stock or DJ needle set to 1N.
Your problem is elsewhere - like a diaphragm issue and/or slide issue.

Old 02-21-2022, 07:54 PM
1st Gear Member

Thanks for the reply, now I have something to think about. In the interim I put the non-stock Kawasaki needle in, replacing the DJ needle from the kit. It ran out better but still falls on it face at 9K.

You are no doubt right that it’s not a jetting issue. The only thing I’m not sure of is the float level, I looked for a measurement from the gasket surface but all I’ve found so far was the clear tube with the actual fuel measurement method.

Something isn’t right, I’ll get it, thanks again!

Old 02-21-2022, 10:10 PM
1st Gear Member

I would try a new plug.

Quick Reply: New guy, same questions