New Guy here

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2008, 01:35 AM
Default New Guy here

Hey all,
I've been lurking around here for a couple of months. Just after I decided to get back into riding .
Lots of great info here that helped me decide that the KLX was for me.
SO, add me to the list of 09 red kawaski buying heretic. I feel so dirty not waiting on a green one. But all is
not lost, I've already ordered the green plastic. Sorry about the awful picture, it was dark when i got her home.

[IMG]local://upfiles/8615/8BD2783E25C049089C1C8ECC95890A9D.jpg[/IMG]

Old 04-03-2008, 01:47 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: New Guy here

Welcome, you guys are coming out of the woodwork...lol.

Mod Time.

Old 04-03-2008, 02:57 AM
1st Gear Member

welcome aboard...don't forget to post a ride report for all of us 07 and older KLX owners!

Old 04-03-2008, 04:38 AM
1st Gear Member

Hey, I like the red! Welcome to the Forum!

Old 04-03-2008, 04:50 AM
Banned
1st Gear Member

good to see another red one. I picked my red one up last Saturday. I just removed my seatstrap tonight and that really made an impact on looks as the seat is very nice when that strap is gone taking away from the look. big improvement over the old bike imo. it has a nice taper to it and good foam in it. I also removed my swingarm stickers to clean it up a bit and plan on taking off the reflectors hanging off the forks. I know these aren't major, but when taken altogether it really changes the way the bike looks.
btw, how much did the green plastic run you? I want to do this as well. After taking the seat off tonight, the little colored part of the rear fender is just held on by two bolts so it will be easy all around to swap.

Old 04-03-2008, 10:30 AM
1st Gear Member

Welcome to the forum and back into motorcycles, bro! Man, no sooner is the bike in hand and you already have mods on order! I'm warning you...modding this bike is addictive

Enjoy!

ORIGINAL: boaradin

Hey all,
I've been lurking around here for a couple of months. Just after I decided to get back into riding .
Lots of great info here that helped me decide that the KLX was for me.
SO, add me to the list of 09 red kawaski buying heretic. I feel so dirty not waiting on a green one. But all is
not lost, I've already ordered the green plastic. Sorry about the awful picture, it was dark when i got her home.

[IMG]local://upfiles/8615/8BD2783E25C049089C1C8ECC95890A9D.jpg[/IMG]

Old 04-03-2008, 01:57 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

welcome to KF,

Old 04-03-2008, 02:28 PM

I told the dealer to go ahead and order the plastic when i picked it up. He could not give me a price yet, but my family
has been dealing with them for going on 25 years now. So I figured I'd get some kind of break on it. Anyway, he called
this morning and told my wife it would be a good bit before he could get it. Guess it's just new model growing pains. Well
the wife told me she would remove a part of me I'd rather keep if I changed it to green. One reason she agreed to let me
get back to riding was it had to be a bright color. Increased visibility and all ya know. Green tends to blend in with the
environment(did I spell that right) down here in NW Georgia. So it looks like it will remain red.

Old 04-03-2008, 02:55 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

I actually like the red better than the green, yep I said it. Oh and welcome to the site.

Old 04-03-2008, 02:56 PM
1st Gear Member

i like the red man! i'm a slab **** but i'm diggin some of those KLXs. might consider getting one if i had anywhere to ride it

beautiful bike and welcome to KF

Quick Reply: New Guy here