New "Bigfoot" foot pegs.

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2010, 02:49 AM
1st Gear Member
Talking New "Bigfoot" foot pegs.

Followed the example of a buddy over on the ADV site and got myself some larger foot pegs finally. The price was too good to pass up and got free delivery from the supplier, who I think is in China, which is was great.

Got the pegs for AU $19.90. Sweeeeeett!

Got them off ebay from this store>>>http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....#ht_3336wt_913 (No affiliation with this seller.)

No problems with payment (payed with Paypal) and the items were delivered to my door in West Aus in 7 days. I got at least 3 emails from the seller informing me of my orders progress which is great customer service IMO.

Fitted the pegs up this morning. All up it took me less than 30 minutes, including slightly increasing the size of the mounting holes on the new pegs to 8 mm. The holes were just shy of the OE pin size and the pin wouldn't go through. 8 mm HSS bit sorted the problem without issues.

Below are a few pics to show the new product.

A pretty easy mod, cheap too. I'm looking forward to the new grip and comfort from the larger pegs.

Attached Thumbnails New "Bigfoot" foot pegs.-img_4819.jpg   New "Bigfoot" foot pegs.-img_4823.jpg   New "Bigfoot" foot pegs.-img_4827.jpg   New "Bigfoot" foot pegs.-img_4828.jpg   New "Bigfoot" foot pegs.-img_4829.jpg  

Last edited by WestOzKLX; 09-12-2010 at 03:04 AM.
Old 09-12-2010, 06:19 AM
1st Gear Member

Interesting. So the wider pegs should make things more comfy when standing, but do they affect your gear shifting at all? And what about when you are pivoting over rough terrain?

I had a look at the Pivot Pegz (http://www.pivotpegz.net/) which I think are a little wider than stock, and of course the pivot - but then I couldn't justify the cost considering I'm no performance rider.

I also think Steg Pegz (http://www.stegpegz.com.au/) are a cool idea, but they aren't available for the KLX and are VERY pricey too.

Old 09-12-2010, 07:13 AM
1st Gear Member

Nice price Woz, let us know how you find them.

Off road that is.

When you have size 5.5 feet, the stock pegs are "wide".

Old 09-12-2010, 09:27 AM
1st Gear Member

Hey Westoz they look good.... I have seen them but wasn’t sure on the quality and was too scared that they might break while standing (that would hurt allot).

Arctra………. don’t quote me on this but I’m pretty sure they don’t make piviot pegs for the KLX250. I think a few people have tried to get them to but with out any luck. I tried sending them an email a while back and am still waiting for the reply.

Old 09-12-2010, 09:52 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by neilapples
Arctra………. don’t quote me on this
Doh!

Old 09-13-2010, 12:00 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Arctra
I had a look at the Pivot Pegz (http://www.pivotpegz.net/) which I think are a little wider than stock, and of course the pivot - but then I couldn't justify the cost considering I'm no performance rider.
Originally Posted by neilapples
Hey Westoz they look good.... I have seen them but wasn’t sure on the quality and was too scared that they might break while standing (that would hurt allot).

Arctra………. don’t quote me on this but I’m pretty sure they don’t make piviot pegs for the KLX250. I think a few people have tried to get them to but with out any luck. I tried sending them an email a while back and am still waiting for the reply.
They don't make them for the KLX250 anyway, I tried to get them made for about 3 years and gave up.

Last edited by MaverickAus; 09-13-2010 at 12:02 PM.
Old 09-14-2010, 11:03 PM
1st Gear Member

Thatnks for the tip.

I bought a set today.

Old 09-15-2010, 12:15 AM
1st Gear Member

Yes, I got those same ones, MUCH better for my big clown feet

Old 09-15-2010, 01:08 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by CousinLarry
Yes, I got those same ones, MUCH better for my big clown feet
Pfff.

I'm 5'7" with size 11 feet. You can't knock me over too easily

Old 09-15-2010, 07:05 PM
1st Gear Member

I got my set a few weeks ago. I like em much better than stock.

Quick Reply: New "Bigfoot" foot pegs.