New 606

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2009, 07:42 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member
Default New 606

Well my new Dunlop 606 back tire came in today, so I guess I'll be changing that on Saturday, along with the front and rear brake pads. And of course I will have to pull the chain and give the bike a complete detail. Did you guys expect anything less?

I'll let you know how the brake job goes.

Name:  P4098830.jpg
Views: 14
Size:  93.6 KB

Old 04-09-2009, 07:51 PM
1st Gear Member

Dang, looks like you got your money's worth out of that tire. I'll give the 606 its credit, I've been roasting on mine now for well over a thousand miles and its still looking alright, definately worn, though. I'll be going with a more aggressive knobby this summer, but the 606 is good at what it is meant to be.

Old 04-09-2009, 08:08 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Yea I'll be glad to get rid of the Kenda K270, although I did get over 4,000 miles on it. And that was 90% street riding. I really don't care how fast a mostly dirt tire wears out as long as its there that one time you need it when riding off road.

Old 04-09-2009, 10:20 PM
Admin
1st Gear Member

Dang, you've had that Kenda on there for like six years now. I don't have the patience for that, I took mine off well before its time and put on a TM-II. I gave the Kenda away to a good home.

I must be the odd man out here - I really don't like my tires to last too long, I like trying different stuff. I think the only tire I've put on more than once is the TM-II. Other than that one time, I've tried a different tire every change. My favorite has been the (non-DOT) Pirelli MT-16. I'm on a Metzler Unicross now which seems pretty decent. I might try a trials tire next. They are all the rave for off-road. I think Pirelli makes one that is DOT - MT83, at least I think it is, will do some more research when it gets closer to buying time. At any rate, it's the only one that is reasonably priced.

http://www.dirtrider.com/features/14...son/index.html

Old 04-09-2009, 10:48 PM
1st Gear Member

Deej

I think you jumped the gun. You could have gotten another 4 miles or so out of those old tires.

Mike

Old 04-10-2009, 12:37 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by deej
I will have to pull the chain and give the bike a complete detail.
deej-
what do you use to clean the plastics? I got some greeezy fingerprints on one of the white plastics and I can't get rid of them!

Old 04-10-2009, 12:43 AM
Admin
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Xplosivo1
deej-
what do you use to clean the plastics? I got some greeezy fingerprints on one of the white plastics and I can't get rid of them!
Deej just stares down those greasy spots and they whimper and run away. One time, someone said Deej missed a spot. But they were wrong.

Old 04-10-2009, 01:02 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by nobrakes
deej just stares down those greasy spots and they whimper and run away. One time, someone said deej missed a spot. But they were wrong.
lmao!

Old 04-10-2009, 01:58 AM
1st Gear Member

I get so confused about all this "cleaning" a "dirt" bike? Huh?

BTW, Deej, I put a 606 on, its a good all around tire, you will love it the first time you hit real dirt and get on it, the bite compared to an old tire wakes you right up

Old 04-10-2009, 02:57 AM
1st Gear Member

I should give Deej my KLX to clean. I haven't cleaned it in over a month. And I drove through all sorts of weather and terrian. The back rim is covered in chain oil and road grim.

As for the K270, I just put 4,200 miles on mine and they still keep going. This is with 90% pavement driving. If they ever wear out, I might as well get another set since they drive okay for my style of riding.

Quick Reply: New 606