New 2008 Yamaha Dual Sport's for US

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2007, 07:43 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: New 2008 Yamaha Dual Sport's for US

No way I'm riding the supercycle! Harlen's got it running like a top!

Old 09-13-2007, 06:29 PM

wow, more weight than our klx, less suspension travel, and a higher seat height and a higher pricetag. where do i sign up? worst of all its blue. i cant imagine trying to get an after market pipe for that thing with that heat shield and all. i really dont think that its going to put out more power than a modded klx pipe, rejet and airbox. and my twobros sounds way meaner than their stock pipe. i cant wait to race one at a stoplight the other guy will be feeling so blue haha. or will he be green with envy? and bottom line, the klx is more of a true dirtbike where the wr is more of a commuter like that old bike honda used to sell, the nsx i think it was. my 2 cents.

Old 09-13-2007, 11:45 PM
1st Gear Member

I know this is my first post and all but my overall opinion on it is that it’s a very nice looking bike. Im looking to get an enduro bike and this forum has really won me over. After looking at the seat height it won’t work for me on the WR. I was at the dealer the other day and sat on the KLX250 and loved the feel of it. The seat height let both feet touch the ground. But i have to admit the WR's LCD screen is a nice feature along with the LED's but the fuel injection could be a hassle at first until the aftermarket gets to it. And finally like everyone said, the price.

Now Honda has to get into the game…

Anyway now I just have to keep an eye out for dealers trying to get the KLX 07’s out so I can get a deal on it…

-Nick
p.s. this forum is AMAZING!

Old 09-14-2007, 09:55 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: CALISAKI

Ireally dont think that its going to put out more power than a modded klx pipe, rejet and airbox.
I'd say you are wrong there, but I still prefer my KLX.

As far as the pipes go, you would be defeating the purpose of the Yamaha EXUP valve if you went with a full system, so the only thing really practical would be a slip on.

Old 09-16-2007, 07:50 PM
1st Gear Member

According to France Yamaha Motor, the WR250R has 30.7hpat 10 000 RPM and 17.5 ft-lb at 8000 RPM.

KLX has 24.5 at 8500 RPM and 15.5 ft-lb at 7000 RPM

Old 09-16-2007, 10:39 PM

So question. Is that KLX info also from France or is that the American info. If it's the France info vs. the American info isn't that unbalanced? I know nothing of the E.U.'s enviromental lawsbut I'd imagine they are a slight bit different. Is this a fair assuption? I would think the two bikes might be a little more closely matched under the same set of enviromental restrictions.

Old 09-17-2007, 01:41 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: HawaiiRider

So question. Is that KLX info also from France or is that the American info. If it's the France info vs. the American info isn't that unbalanced? I know nothing of the E.U.'s enviromental lawsbut I'd imagine they are a slight bit different. Is this a fair assuption? I would think the two bikes might be a little more closely matched under the same set of enviromental restrictions.
They're measuring horsepower at the crank.

I want some RWHP info.

Even if it turns out to stomp the KLX, I won't be trading mine in. Don't want to deal with the hassel of finding a buyer, then a dealer, then having to go down to the dealer, try the bike, negotiate the price, sign the papers, get somebody to bring up the truck, bla bla bla bla bla.

I've grown quite fond of the KLX

Old 09-17-2007, 03:25 AM

So that wouldn't be affected by EPA regulations?

Old 09-20-2007, 01:21 AM
1st Gear Member

It seems to take big air more easily than the KLX...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wID5IeCc3Xs

Old 09-20-2007, 01:36 AM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Yea but if they really want to show a comparison of bikes or whatever, why don't they show someone around let's say 240 lbs, and then let's see what the bike can do. All bikes look awesome with a 140 lb rider on them. Sheesh.

Quick Reply: New 2008 Yamaha Dual Sport's for US