Neilaction on a mission!

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2011, 12:37 AM
1st Gear Member
Thumbs up Neilaction on a mission!

Neilaction and a few others on a mission to get to Neil Junction, middle of nowhere.

" pronoun
1 no place : there was nowhere for her to sit | there's nowhere better to experience the wonders of the Rockies.
2 a place that is remote, uninteresting, or nondescript : a stretch of road between nowhere and nowhere | [as n. ] the town is a particularly Australian nowhere."

NO JOKE!

Keep up with their progress. Wilmo has added his Spot Tracker. >>>>SpotWalla - Trip Viewer - Neale Junction Raid 11

A click of the 'map' toggle will show how desolate the area is. Very few roads, a long way from anywhere.

They've done the easy bits. The real fun will start today. I wonder how many times Neil will be horizontal with the loaded up DR? Plenty of sand I recon'.

Last edited by WestOzKLX; 06-04-2011 at 12:40 AM.
Old 06-04-2011, 01:07 AM
TNC
1st Gear Member

I protest. You map shows a little green motorcycle going through the hinterlands there while he's on a stinkin' Suzuki. I demand a color retraction...LOL!

Now that sounds like a real adventure. What kind of logistics are involved there...mileage, fuel source, etc? They camping?...got any vehicle support?

Old 06-04-2011, 01:16 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by TNC
I protest. You map shows a little green motorcycle going through the hinterlands there while he's on a stinkin' Suzuki. I demand a color retraction...LOL!

Now that sounds like a real adventure. What kind of logistics are involved there...mileage, fuel source, etc? They camping?...got any vehicle support?
I think they need 500km + fuel at least on the bike. They have a fuel drop at Neil Junction. They are camping, why wouldn't you? No vehicle support. I second your motion for for a color retraction as Wilmo is riding a Yam', in fact not one Kawa' on the trip. I was going, but was unable to commit due to work/family.Got my recent fix on the Holland Track ride I did last month though. (RR still a work in progress.)

Old 06-04-2011, 01:26 AM
1st Gear Member

No too sure about the exact distances but it looks like a long way 3500 +KM. Here's a graphic of their route so far. lots or desert eh!

Attached Thumbnails Neilaction on a mission!-neil.jpg