need some advice

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2007, 09:10 PM
Default need some advice

I am looking to pick up my 250S in the next month or so, but I have one problem. I am currently living in Fort Myers,Florida for the summer. This is where my family lives and I only spend the summers here. In the fall I go to school in Orlando which is 3 hours north of Fort Myers. My KLX is going to be with me in Orlando for the school year coming up. I dont know if i should buy the bike in Fort Myers this summer and trailor it up to Orlando for school, or just buy it in Orlando somewhere. The bike is only going to be trailored back and forth from Orlando to Fort Myers inbetween the summer and fall. I am worried about my warranty work. I would like to buy the bike this summer so I can start riding as soon as possiable, but when I move to Orlando in August my bike wont be down to Fort Myers until the following summer. Will dealerships transfer warranty work at all? The bike in Fort Myers has a KLX in stock right now which means I could get it very soon.

Old 05-30-2007, 09:24 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: need some advice

Buy the bike now. Warranty work can be done at any dealer.

Old 05-31-2007, 03:45 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: thecamarokid

I am looking to pick up my 250S in the next month or so, but I have one problem. I am currently living in Fort Myers,Florida for the summer. This is where my family lives and I only spend the summers here. In the fall I go to school in Orlando which is 3 hours north of Fort Myers. My KLX is going to be with me in Orlando for the school year coming up. I dont know if i should buy the bike in Fort Myers this summer and trailor it up to Orlando for school, or just buy it in Orlando somewhere. The bike is only going to be trailored back and forth from Orlando to Fort Myers inbetween the summer and fall. I am worried about my warranty work. I would like to buy the bike this summer so I can start riding as soon as possiable, but when I move to Orlando in August my bike wont be down to Fort Myers until the following summer. Will dealerships transfer warranty work at all? The bike in Fort Myers has a KLX in stock right now which means I could get it very soon.
Get the bike at the cheapest place ya can....... I live in Jupiter (due east of ya on the atlantic) and have ridden it up to the Ocala National Forest (scrub) quite a few times....usually I slap it on the back of my suv but not always ,and I'm not a young college buck anymore. Driving it that far is not an issue, just take side roads, not I-75.

Warranty is transferable to any Kawi shop.....period.

Take a peek at the advrider forum......... ya may find some guys to ride with.

Old 05-31-2007, 11:44 AM
1st Gear Member

Warranty work? What warranty work? From all the owners here, it seems only a small, very small few have had problems. Of course, they were rather large problems, but from what I can gather, over all the bike is very solid. All I can say is my bike, has all of 250 miles on it since November. Of those, 60 were on the road riding the bike home, the rest were all dirt, mud, gravel and anything else you can think of off road. It was broken in hard, it is riden hard and put away wet and dirty, the bike runs 100%.

I think overall Kawi built a fine bike with the KLX, I wouldn't worry about warranty work at all.

Old 05-31-2007, 01:44 PM
1st Gear Member

Warranty work hasn't been an issue for me at all. (Knock on wood) I've had two "problems." One was the helmet lock, which I dismantled, cleaned and lubed. It works fine now. The other was fork seals. I swiped them out with a feeler guage and now they're fine. Lord knows my bike gets used too. I keep the air filter clean and lube the chain. Change the oil regularly. This bike is built to ride with minimum, but routine maintenance.

Enjoy.

Bill Dragoo
KLX "250"
Dyna Sport