Need more power...KLX250 Mods please

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2009, 09:12 PM
1st Gear Member

Hey Ron that post is more than 3yrs old, not sure if Ted is on here anymore. Do a search on here for Bill Blue's 351 kit. Many satisfied customers, and good current info.
Dan

Old 04-12-2013, 07:55 AM

Hi! My name is Rob and its my first time so go easy guys/gals! Just picked up my 2012 klx 250s bike and i want to put on a fmf powercore slip on, kdx 200 snorkel, foam air filter, dyno jet kit and 13T front sprocket!
What do you guys think and any ideas on the best jetting set up?im in sydney at sea level. Thanks and great to be apart of the family

Old 04-12-2013, 10:50 AM
1st Gear Member

Don't waste time - all you *need* is the 351cc big bore, a jet kit, and an exhaust..
That will get you where you want to be in terms of power.

Old 04-12-2013, 02:03 PM
TNC
1st Gear Member

I think Casper just fell from space in a time capsule.

Old 04-12-2013, 08:36 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by CASPER76
Hi! My name is Rob and its my first time so go easy guys/gals! Just picked up my 2012 klx 250s bike and i want to put on a fmf powercore slip on, kdx 200 snorkel, foam air filter, dyno jet kit and 13T front sprocket!
What do you guys think and any ideas on the best jetting set up?im in sydney at sea level. Thanks and great to be apart of the family
The jet ket comes with instructions. Just follow the instructions, they are professionals.

Old 04-13-2013, 03:12 PM

Thank you for responding! I've looked at the big bore kit from bill and have even called him about the 351 bore but cause the bike has only 200km on it I thought i would do this as a first stage before bringing it to its max with a 351 kit, so highbeam what jets are you running and needle height

Old 04-13-2013, 04:39 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by CASPER76
so highbeam what jets are you running and needle height
I bought the DJ kit for my bike and followed the directions exactly. It works perfectly. I also drilled the choke jet for much better cold starting but that has no effect on anything after the choke is disengaged.

The DJ jet kit really is pretty brainless, just follow the directions from the professionals.

Old 04-13-2013, 07:20 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Highbeam
I bought the DJ kit for my bike and followed the directions exactly. It works perfectly. I also drilled the choke jet for much better cold starting but that has no effect on anything after the choke is disengaged.

The DJ jet kit really is pretty brainless, just follow the directions from the professionals.
+2

Casper just give Dynojet a call or email them for the settings based on your location and what mods are on your bike. The directions truely are straight forward. They did all the homework for us! I just did mine and drilled the choke jet also.

My set up: Stock exhaust, stock foam air filter, snorkel removed, ride elevation sea level to 2500 feet. DJ 124 main, Needle clip 3rd position from the top, Fuel mixture 3 turns. It has a noticable improvement over the stock needle and jet. I just installed a 13 tooth counter shaft sprocket and waiting for the rain to stop to try it out. I hope it does not increase the rpms too much cruising at 55/60 mph in dual sport mode. It should be nicer cruising around town and on the trails though. If not, the 14 tooth is going back on.

Old 04-13-2013, 11:02 PM

Thanks fellas!highbeam sorry to bust chops but did you drill out the starter jet after the dj mods or straight off the bat at stock? My bike stars noe as a stocker after about 3 cranks!is that fine? I don't have a issue with drilling the starter jet out to .018 but don't want to do it if I don't have to as I think it's not reversible but if it makes the bike start just after one crank I'll drill it out when I do the dj kit! What are your thoughts and thanks for your wisdom

Old 04-15-2013, 02:39 PM
1st Gear Member
Exclamation

Originally Posted by TNC
I think Casper just fell from space in a time capsule.
Hey TNC, Kawa are still selling 2013 KLX, so we are going to have time warped capsules dropping in for a while yet.

Quick Reply: Need more power...KLX250 Mods please