Need interest in new product for KLX

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2011, 02:36 AM
1st Gear Member
Default Need interest in new product for KLX

We have talked about the possibility of a revamped ignition system for the KLX S and SF models. As previously noted the KLX 300 R has MUCH more power than the S and SF models. The factors are a. intake/airbox b. exhaust and c.
IGNITION.

I have recommended to a few members and excellent taillight setup from 12oclocklabs.com

He lives fairly close to me and we have hung out and rode together a few times. He lives the sport, he himself rides a wr250x.

Im finally ready to do the R&D with 12oclocklabs.com, a plug and play setup would be available to offer you guys to a better running bike.

If you take a look at the service manual for the KLX S and SF, the (CA,US) version show 11KW and the (AU) model show 17 KW. The primary differences are exhaust (Non Catalytic- AU) and ignition timing, 25 deg advanced (CA, US) and 35 deg (AU).

For reference, the KLX 300 R had the offroad exhaust, !!! 40 deg advanced timing !!! and a slightly larger intake runner.

The ability to to combine control of your ignition curve, with the addition of more revs, the possibilities are astounding.

This is going to be the true path to true power for these bikes. Touching almost 40 hp without headwork. (big bore, exhaust and intake, with ignition timing)

Everything will be as close to hand made as possible but with direct R&D and manufacturing. It will be a few weeks to see if we can get discount rates on parts, I will also make a proposal to members for a "Buy In" that would like to pre donate after we can guarantee the project to be under way. Whomever donates will get a discount on the unit.

Thanks for the support,
Ronald Swogger

Old 03-03-2011, 02:50 AM
1st Gear Member

I would be down for that, especially if it is plug and play.

I just like the fact that you are doing work to advance these bikes. They are pretty good bikes already, but would be awesome if we could get even more power out of them.

Old 03-03-2011, 02:58 AM
1st Gear Member

Depending on price, i would be interested...

Old 03-03-2011, 03:28 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by wildcard
Depending on price, i would be interested...
What he said.

Can you give us a ballpark figure, on the high side, then "disappoint" us by it coming in at less.

Old 03-03-2011, 03:33 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by ol'klx-er
What he said.

Can you give us a ballpark figure, on the high side, then "disappoint" us by it coming in at less.
this

Old 03-03-2011, 03:40 AM
1st Gear Member

Sure, interested yes.

Old 03-03-2011, 04:14 AM
1st Gear Member

in, if the price is right, why not?

Old 03-03-2011, 04:25 AM

Would this product be tunable? Or it would be cool if you could have different maps something more snappy for the dirt and another map for the street. I know Tokyomods.com has adjustable cdi's for dirtbikes. Just something to think about...

Old 03-03-2011, 06:04 AM
1st Gear Member

sw0ggd0gg, just how does the electronic ignition advance work? I was an electronic technician for 32 years and have not been able to figure out how to advance the ignition electronically and simply.

Thanks
Brewster

Old 03-03-2011, 07:53 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Brewster
sw0ggd0gg, just how does the electronic ignition advance work? I was an electronic technician for 32 years and have not been able to figure out how to advance the ignition electronically and simply.

Thanks
Brewster
I have been thinking the same, maybe the advance is set in the static timing on the engine and the eletronics retarts it to form the ignition curve?

Quick Reply: Need interest in new product for KLX