National Enduro Race Footage

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2008, 10:53 PM
Admin
1st Gear Member
Default National Enduro Race Footage

Thought you all would enjoy this - some REALLY good video footage of some pro level woods racers like Mike Lafferty, Shane Watts, and Russell Bobbitt.

http://www.jonathanbelle.com/Videos/...ter%20Pros.wmv

These guys are HAULIN. This is what it's like riding with HardTaco and his friends in their top secret single track proving grounds.

Old 02-01-2008, 11:03 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: National Enduro Race Footage

Those were some tight trails, and those guys were flyin! I was waiting for one of those bar ends to snag a tree, damn those guys were good.

Old 02-01-2008, 11:05 PM
1st Gear Member

Those guys are crazy I would kill myselk in about 10' []

Old 02-02-2008, 12:13 AM
1st Gear Member

That's wild!

I calculated that at 1/4 of their speed, I would have contacted the trees 57 times and veered off the course 4 times. Followed by a moment of insanity on a straight-away, where I accelerated to full throttle and promptly missed the next curve where I "headered" into a tree and died...

Old 02-02-2008, 02:36 AM
1st Gear Member

I coul'dn't watch the whole thing..getting too dizzy from the trees whizzing by...I wouldn't even want to be in the woods with those guys flying through like that..scared for my life.

Old 02-02-2008, 05:28 AM
1st Gear Member

VERY NICE! thats the kind of trails I like. Makes me miss the single track....its been at least a month since ive been out to practice....
Josh

Old 02-02-2008, 12:54 PM
1st Gear Member

Awesome footage...thanks!

Old 02-02-2008, 01:13 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

That looks exactly like the single track we rode down in FL... bark busters are a must, and man those guys were flying throught the trees, i dont know exactly where my bars are enough to do that, that fast... nutz!! id like to see a motocross guy do that.... he would flip out cause the trees.

Old 02-02-2008, 02:49 PM
Admin
1st Gear Member

Actually, Doug Henry did exactly that a few years back. Story is he shows up in the early morning hours in a scruffy van and parks between the big factory haulers and unloaded an incon****uous Honda and set up under an EZ-Up canopy. He stands in line like the rest of the average guys for sign-up. When the racing started he made it to the front fast and the factory teams were "who is that guy?". As the laps were counted away, Henry and Juha Salmenin changed the lead several times. Some say Henry was playing with Juha. On the last lap, Henry took a digger with only about 1/2 mile to the finish. But he staggered back to his feet and took the win with about 10 seconds to spare. [sm=hail.gif]

Old 02-02-2008, 03:11 PM
1st Gear Member

Awsome vid!!!! That looks a lot like the Scrub except our sand is white an softer.

btw I guarantee that would be WAY faster in person, a bud of mine has a helmet cam and I've seen a vid where I was following him ...... I thought we were flying and images of me wrapping my bike around a tree kept flashing in my head.....then I saw the vid....lol....I'm Slow

Quick Reply: National Enduro Race Footage