Nads falling asleep need a new seat.

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2010, 11:39 PM
1st Gear Member

I have had the same problem with street bikes. In the dirt I stand, even for long off road rides. Poorly shaped seat is usually the problem. This can be caused by designed shape or soft foam. When foam is bent while seated it can cause blood to stop flowing to the afore mentioned areas. I use undershorts designed to help. Check out LDComfort.com. They really work and do help on long rides.

Old 04-03-2010, 11:43 PM
1st Gear Member

Check out LDComfort.com. They help. Main problem is poor designed seat and/or soft foam. Good undershorts are much cheaper, if they work.

Old 04-04-2010, 05:52 AM
1st Gear Member

I bought a Corbin from someone on the forum. It solve all the problems I had and has a wider back for a passenger too. If I am going serious dirt riding I switch it back, since I am standing usually for those trips.

Old 04-04-2010, 11:51 AM
1st Gear Member

I don't see the klx250 on corbin's web page?
Do you have more details?
Do you have a picture?

Old 04-05-2010, 09:44 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by LearjetMinako
Sounds like you talking about Renazco seats. One member had his seat done by them.

http://www.renazco.com/
I'll vouch for Renazco. I rank it as one of the top mods I've done for this bike. Not cheap though. You will pay between 300 and 400 USD, depending upon cover options. I went with marine grade vinyl for 300.00. The comfort difference is like night and day. Saddle comfort is no longer an issue.

There's a pumpkin (KTM) owner, who is a former KLX rider that hangs-out on this forum. He had good things to say about Renazco the last time I checked.

As far as I know there are no ready made seats, ala Corbin, etc. You will be given a build date (Renazco) and placed on a waiting list, which will determine when you have to send you seat pan (or ebay seat pan) in.

There are other companys, so maybe you can shop around and find the best price. To me, Renazco was a sure thing based upon their reputation and specializing in dual sport seats.

Good luck!

Last edited by tremor38; 04-06-2010 at 09:30 AM.
Old 04-05-2010, 02:13 PM
1st Gear Member

I put an ATV seat cover sold by Walmart on mine and it helped a lot. Probably not as good as a Renazco, but it's only $17.00.

My son bought a Corbin for his DR650 and it was junk. He sold the Corbin and had his seat done by Renazco and is very happy with the Renazco.

Old 04-06-2010, 09:28 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by BeenThere
I put an ATV seat cover sold by Walmart on mine and it helped a lot. Probably not as good as a Renazco, but it's only $17.00.

My son bought a Corbin for his DR650 and it was junk. He sold the Corbin and had his seat done by Renazco and is very happy with the Renazco.
I've heard the same about Corbin...poor quality and hit-n-miss on comfort, depending upon your bike.

Old 04-06-2010, 02:49 PM
1st Gear Member
Cool

Just buy an XL jock strap and line the cup with bubble wrap..... CycleWorks makes a replacement seat cover for our bikes that BikeBandit sells for 35$ or 45$ 'Gripper". You could use softer or firmer foam and custom make your own seat. But, like some have said, if the shape is what's getting you it may not be so simple. My stock seat works great for me, guess I got lucky.

Old 04-06-2010, 02:51 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Hahahaha I think I had a thread way back in the day, and it seemed awkward to ask. But it happens to me all the time. That thing is always in the way....LOL

Old 04-06-2010, 02:55 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Oh....P.S. The doc that did my Vasectomy told me that riding motorcycles will lead to E.D. (Erectile Dysfunction) When I told him that my "boys in the hood" fall asleep all the time, he said that's not good.....

And yes there is a thread about my operation on here somewhere...LOL

Quick Reply: Nads falling asleep need a new seat.