My wipeout

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2011, 02:57 AM
1st Gear Member
Default My wipeout

Last week I was riding where I should not have anyway, jumped a small sand jump but a big branch grabbed my neck, and the shock made me forget to let off the throttle (subconsciously trying to drive through the branch choking me), so I then proceeded to drive very fast into a tree, my liver and right side of chest proceeded to contact said pine tree, breaking two ribs.. lucky I didnt rupture the liver.. my head (with helmet still on because it was strapped on) got smashed into another tree, face shield flew off, branch almost got my eye, instead cut my face and bruised my cheek.. three "dudes" smoking some weed started walking towards me as I proceeded to crawl very slowly in the leaves after just lying there for what seemed like an hour.. I crawled back to my bike slowly for about a minute and managed to stand up and I was so weak I could not pick up the bike.. said dudes proceeded to surround me saying typical things dudes say when they are stoned like "duuuuuuuuude.. holy #&^$ .. are you okay" ... and picked my bike up for me and we collected pieces of my face shield)... If I wasnt wearing my helmet, I don't think I would have walked (ridden) away from that one.

Old 10-07-2011, 03:19 AM
1st Gear Member

I agree, very lucky. All the fatal donor cycle wrecks i have seen all seem to be over some of the stupids small stuff, normally within miles of their residence. A guy goin 35 hits a deer and dies instantly, the next guy hits a deer at 90 and doesn't have a scratch on him. Take day by day, and when you get lucky like you did, laugh and keep grabbin gears and haulin ***.
As a street medic, i've seen my share of down right stupid crap so i'll leave you with a piece of advise. "never do anything you don't want to explain to the paramedic" and if you do something stupid, make sure it looks cool. we appreciate it lol

Old 10-07-2011, 03:22 AM
1st Gear Member

Glad you made it through. Just got a call tonight, my buddy was riding his 350 bridgestone after some maintenance and hit a deer. He is ok but his stone is totaled. He got it when he was 16 and has owned it for 31 years. At least he is ok, just a broken hand. Alot of close calls, makes you think!

Old 10-07-2011, 03:51 AM
1st Gear Member

Ouch. Good luck on a speedy recovery!

Old 10-07-2011, 03:58 AM
1st Gear Member

good to hear you walked away. heal fast.

Old 10-07-2011, 05:34 AM
1st Gear Member

All I can think to say is: Duuuude....

(Glad is wasn't worse!)

Old 10-07-2011, 08:10 AM
1st Gear Member

Wow! Ouch! Whew! Quick recovery to you!

Old 10-07-2011, 08:50 AM
1st Gear Member

Got a great laugh out of me this morning. I think you should include your write up of this incident somewhere!

Good thing those potheads were there to help, keep smiling!

Old 10-07-2011, 09:16 AM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

Glad you are more or less ok. There has been 4 or 5 crashes in my local riding club this year... on the road and in the dirt. Makes you think about things.

Old 10-07-2011, 03:22 PM
1st Gear Member

That's a tough one! Glad you could ride a way at least. A simple little jump turns into a nightmare. Heal quick.

Quick Reply: My wipeout