My KLX is sick

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2006, 03:25 AM
Default My KLX is sick

Its streaming fuel out of a vent hose one the right side of the carb.

Im guessing I have a stuck float in the carb, and its just letting it run from the tank out on the ground... Im going to take it down to the shop and find out what the deal is. Anyone else have any such problems? This makes me kinda sad, especially after my new truck threw a check engine code (EGR sens died).

Old 08-04-2006, 08:57 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: My KLX is sick

Perhaps if you took the handle of a screwdriver and tapped on the fuel bowl area it might UnStick the float. Just a thought.

LV

ORIGINAL: IchWarriorMkII

Its streaming fuel out of a vent hose one the right side of the carb.

Im guessing I have a stuck float in the carb, and its just letting it run from the tank out on the ground... Im going to take it down to the shop and find out what the deal is. Anyone else have any such problems? This makes me kinda sad, especially after my new truck threw a check engine code (EGR sens died).

Old 08-04-2006, 10:07 PM
Default RE: My KLX is sick

If that does not work, try a small hammer. Tap the carb with the handle of the hammer, NOT the head!

If you need to, a nice stone from the ground always works on the carb. Harleys use the same type carb. Always fixed them that way!

Then open the bowl drain and get the fuel out of the bowl, might be a piece of crud in the tank.

Next, let me introduce you to the "Magic Elixir for Motorcycles" called "Seafoam". Available at most fine Auto stores like NAPA.

Buy a can and use it each time you change oil. 2 ounces in the gas tank on a full tank will keep that from ever happening again.