My first ride .

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2012, 05:10 AM
1st Gear Member
Default My first ride .

Finally got to ride my new bike. Loved every moment of it. So at the end of the day, I don't need to lower the bike after all. Just right for me now. Suspension lowered itself a little.
All stock except acerbis hand guard which already payed for itself when I had my first spill lol. Next mod after the 13t is the skid plate. Any suggestions? Thanks. Pics.

Last edited by Pogiboy; 03-11-2012 at 05:14 AM.
Old 03-11-2012, 05:32 AM
1st Gear Member

Geezz you don't even have plates on it yet and you dropped it? Strong work! Where were you riding?

Old 03-11-2012, 05:39 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Lotrat
Geezz you don't even have plates on it yet and you dropped it? Strong work! Where were you riding?
Lol. unfortunately yes. Very hard for me. Lake arrowhead. Need skidplate asap. I'm rookie so it comes with gaining experience lol. So far I love my ride and this forum.

Old 03-11-2012, 06:12 AM
red
1st Gear Member

glad your liking the bike!

radiator guards would be a good idea as well

Old 03-11-2012, 06:31 AM
1st Gear Member

When you get tired of being knocked off-line every time your front wheel hits a rock, get the front revalved....MUCH more important than increasing the power.

Old 03-11-2012, 07:10 AM
1st Gear Member

Are you missing your radiator guards?

Old 03-11-2012, 07:19 AM
1st Gear Member

Welcome to your first ride. Looks like nice riding country.

Skid Plate: Find one under the names Utah, Ricochet, or Moose. They all appear to be the same unit under different names. That should be about the best price and good coverage. Scorpion also makes some nice stuff. And there's a few others.

Blackheart also hits it spot on with the front suspension. When you start outriding it, look for valves, and springs if you're heavy enough to need them. Also consider some radiator guards.

Old 03-11-2012, 07:30 AM
1st Gear Member

Thanks for all the replies and suggestions guys.
Skidplate, radiator guards, and maybe front revalving. I know I need to adjust the rear I feel rear tire bounce at times. Thanks again all.

Old 03-11-2012, 08:01 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Pogiboy
Thanks for all the replies and suggestions guys.
Skidplate, radiator guards, and maybe front revalving. I know I need to adjust the rear I feel rear tire bounce at times. Thanks again all.
You'll probably be able to improve the rear by setting preload and adjusting the clickers. Note where your clickers are now, and adjust a couple clicks at a time. Someone here probably has better advice on which ones and which direction you want to go.

Old 03-11-2012, 09:16 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by IDRIDR
You'll probably be able to improve the rear by setting preload and adjusting the clickers. Note where your clickers are now, and adjust a couple clicks at a time. Someone here probably has better advice on which ones and which direction you want to go.
Thanks

Quick Reply: My first ride .