MX TRACK RIDE REPORT!

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2006, 02:16 AM
Default MX TRACK RIDE REPORT!

At first I took it real easy only hitting the 50ft table top. But by the 3rd lap I was trying to crash and I did endo over a small double and knifed threw the mud and went over the bars. I ran her hard threw the muddy track all day and crashed only three times though I did roll the big double and a funky rythem section. My only complaints are the fork and shock springs are too soft, the clutch is hard and lazy, and the shift lever is made of cheese. Other than that It rode great! All the motocrossers thought I was crazy but they where all very impressed with the general handleing of the bike and the looks. The one thing I will say about jumping this bike is get back in your stance till your past the lip of the lump or the front fork will obsorbe the kicker and your rear wheel will hit you in the ***, and you will endo to the end of your sorry life, Like I did! Now I know that the KLX 250S is not meant for motocross but it sure was fun, Even though the track was soup! I'm telling you with a couple more mods this bike will be able to take anything, but the best part about is after your done ripping up the track you can ride home!
Sorry guys no pictures this time but next time Im bringing my camera wich should be next week end. Man I love this bike!

Old 02-26-2006, 02:58 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: MX TRACK RIDE REPORT!

I too notice that the suspension is a little soft, but like you said its no motocrosser, but a very nice dual sport. The stock suspension is fine for me I no longer can do the big jumps like I use to. I think Kawasaki hit a home run with this bike!!!

Old 02-26-2006, 07:09 AM

Not many other dual sports bikes would survive and ride home. Good to hear the bike crashes well. Comming from sportbikes, I'm still getting used to havign a motorcycle that I can actually drop or even crash and not cause $2000 worth of damage... or more.

Old 02-27-2006, 07:06 PM
1st Gear Member

Good report sdunne, I have been wanting to try out the track but have been a bit shy since my riding skills arent that great. I am used to the sport bike and flat road. However, I do like the little jumps that take the bike about 3 feet in the air, but makes it feel so much higher. Just have to keep riding and trying to do better,, Im sure my wife wants to here that.. NOT.. One day we well have to get together and you have to show me all the mods you have done.

Old 02-27-2006, 09:07 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Gravy Train

Good report sdunne, I have been wanting to try out the track but have been a bit shy since my riding skills arent that great. I am used to the sport bike and flat road. However, I do like the little jumps that take the bike about 3 feet in the air, but makes it feel so much higher. Just have to keep riding and trying to do better,, Im sure my wife wants to here that.. NOT.. One day we well have to get together and you have to show me all the mods you have done.

We've got a good bit of MX stuff at our local OHV park. I've never had a bike off the ground until the KLX. It's very easy to jump and lands well. Take it one step at a time and practice, practice, practice!