MX fender AND a rack?

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2012, 10:21 PM
1st Gear Member
Default MX fender AND a rack?

Anyone added a HT rack on a 300R with the MX fender? I have all the functional mods on or on the way. Now I'm trying to pretty it up.

Old 01-01-2013, 07:11 PM
1st Gear Member

Ordered the MX rear fender yesterday so I guess I'll be the first to find out if it all works together on a 300. I use my KLX as a commuter AND playbike, so it has to do it all. And then there's the occasional roadtrip into Quebec where it's a touring/offroad bike as well. May need a different seat for that duty.

Old 01-01-2013, 07:51 PM
TNC
1st Gear Member

dj, maybe I missed it, but what fender did you order? The only thing I notice about some MX fenders is their inability to stop the occasional mud slinging to the items on a rack...and sometimes even on the rider's back. Now...I'm talking mainly about the occasional mud hole and such and not just a little water here and there. However, even pavement water from rain can cause a pretty good spray that is somewhat constant. I didn't experience this from my KLX but from running some of my race bikes that didn't have enduro fenders.

Old 01-02-2013, 02:38 AM
1st Gear Member

I ordered the Maier MX fender. Chaparral had it for $48 (10 % off $53) and free shipping - lowest I've seen.

Yeah, I'm prepared for a little extra overspray compared with the stock fender. Anytime I carry anything of value it's inside a tailbag and inside a plastic bag if the weather goes south. When I play, I travel light - so the bag is modified to clip right off and stay at home. I'm not offended by a spray of mud on my back and I hope others are equally tolerant. If not, well - who cares?

I'm also adding the DRC universal taillight (the lighter plastic version) with a licence plate mounted so maybe that will stop some water/mud as well.