Muzzy vs. Big Gun put to bed!

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2007, 04:58 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Muzzy vs. Big Gun put to bed!

No, you are just bolstering a former BG owner, because you know he will totally ignore the jetting.

ORIGINAL: stellar_d

ORIGINAL: KLXer

You should have waited till you rejetted your bike as I bet that is the difference & now you know what is going to follow...
Lol i know i know i was thinking the same thing. I did try to make it absolutely clear that its not a fair test as of yet, since the jetting is totally different. I suppose if nothing else, it'd help guys trying to dial in their jetting.

Oh and I'm sure "what is going to follow" has already looked at this thread

Old 09-22-2007, 05:01 AM
1st Gear Member

Awesome! If I were in the states, the FMF would be my choice.

ORIGINAL: YIZLT

Worms? I installed my FMF last weekend. Rejetted to 124 DJ& Kouba screw @ 2 1/2. The bike pulls hard past 9000rpm. No flat spots or decel problems. The power bomb head pipe makes a big difference in the flow of the pipe. Perfect fit. No peg problems or any thing else. Can loft the front wheel with no problem! Verrrrry Pleased with the performance.[sm=happybounce.gif]

Old 09-22-2007, 02:16 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Iowaguy

my BG never had airbox closeness issues. must be since they went to the SS. eric, is yours causing problems to the airbox? you know you can twist it a bit to tweak fitment. excuses, excuses....when i get my next KLX, the BG will be the first mod next spring. muzzy is nice, but it sure ain't the power producer the BG is. your brother is the smart one, sorry.
The 'smart one' who melts a hole in his airbox? If you get another BG, I'd recommed paying attention to that. I'd rather have an easily correctable 'problem' with a binding pillion peg than a hole melted in my air box. You are once again ignoring jetting when you speak of BG vs Muzzy. We haven't seen dyno results from a properly jetted Muzzy yet. I've been here long enough to know what you base you opinion on and you continue to ignore what doesn't support your argument.You also turn ablindeye to BG's well documented inferior quality andcustomer service.

Furthermore, who are youto judge what is 'smart?' You don't exactly set the bar veryhigh in that regard. If you want to talk flippant, that's a whole different story. I will give you props for admitting you were wrong about going to the DRZ though. Now come back home to Daddy!

Old 09-22-2007, 03:01 PM
1st Gear Member

I wish I had a decibel metre for this. Because I'm not sure if it's me getting used to the BG or after a couple hundred kms it actually got ALOT quieter.
Anyone notice this? I am ALMOST positive the exhaust actually got quieter. But I doubt myself in thinking that just after riding with the stock one for 4500 kms, it was such a HUGH difference in sound that now I'm just getting used to it, (or deaf) and it's not really all that loud anymore.
???
Oh, and stellar d, I was the one who brought up the discussion on the BG touching the Airbox in another exhaust thread... Simple fix really tho. I wouldn't let it scare anyone away from the BG.

I got the BG because of looks, quick shipment, and they are all pretty well so close in performance anyway, I didn't care.
If it wasn't for FMF and their "backorderness"(BS), I would have gone with that. But after spending the dough, I couldn't wait weeks for my pipe!

Old 09-22-2007, 04:42 PM
1st Gear Member

my BG never had airbox closeness issues. must be since they went to the SS. eric, is yours causing problems to the airbox? you know you can twist it a bit to tweak fitment. excuses, excuses....when i get my next KLX, the BG will be the first mod next spring. muzzy is nice, but it sure ain't the power producer the BG is. your brother is the smart one, sorry.
You know what, you should have quit typing after your solution for touching the airbox. What is wrong with you? I stated that with the proper jetting the BG seemed a little more responsive than the Muzzy WITHOUT proper jetting. Wouldn't that tell you that with the proper jetting the Muzzy would be the same if not better?

It wouldn't matter if we had a million dynos PROVING Muzzy, or any other pipe, was a better power producer than the BG. You would still wave your BG flags saying that its better. I'm convinced now that you have some sort of ownership, or at the very least sexual fetish with BG. Don't bother spouting off your crap to someone who has had BOTH pipes, unlike yourself.

If your aim was to chalk up another person that doesn't think much of you'r biased rants, congratulations. Who are you to judge my intelligence based on what was purchased? Do us all a favor. Don't bother getting another KLX since all you do is cut it down anyway and say how underpowered it is.

Oh and I'm pretty sure no one likes you or hearing what you have to say, sorry.

Old 09-22-2007, 06:18 PM
1st Gear Member

I don't understand. Clear something up for me IG.
Don't you own a DRZ SM?
Have owned a klx 250, and sold it.
And are planning on buying a KLX 250 in the future?

Old 09-22-2007, 07:00 PM
1st Gear Member

I was summoned for my input on a matter.
Yep we needed your opinion

Name:  iowa.jpg
Views: 14
Size:  17.3 KB

If money was no object or not being able to ride much to support the cost of a bike, i'd take a DRZ-S,SM,E with dirt wheels/tires over a tiny KLX ANY day.
Again you're all over the place, get a nice used drz E that has a plate for 2K and you're set.

Old 09-22-2007, 09:04 PM
1st Gear Member

[sm=funnypostabove.gif]

Ok so heres the final results. I spent the morning putting the 128 DJ in my Muzzy bike, and putting the stock gearing back. To make it even more fair, I put the original crank case vent back to stock, since I can't get my hands on one right away for the BG bike. All in all, the only difference between the two bikes is the exhaust systems and a couple hundred miles on the odometer.

After putting in the 128 DJ and taking it for a ride, it was noticeably better. More response up high and low, and you could feel more pull through and through. Also the decel popping is quite a bit better. I can lift up the wheel with ease this time before I changed to 13/45.

Between the two systems, there is no noticeable difference down low. They are both very torqy and respond extremely well. If there was any difference I thought that while cruising on the highway the muzzy had a little more response at higher speeds, bet it is very very slight if at all. Could have been the wind speed for all I know.

So based on performance, you could go either way with these. Performance difference was not noticeable just by riding. So to me all the dynotesting would be useless. If someone were to choose, I would suggest picking the one that you think looks better, and sounds better based on preference. Also I would say the biggest deciding factor would be availability.

As far as the fit goes, I'm still picking the Muzzy. I'd rather shave off a bit of the foot peg to make it fold up and down without taking it off, rather than having the pipe of the BG touch the air box. I tried again to tweak it but was not able to.

So there it is everyone. About the fairest, unbiased test between the two pipes as you can really get. If I had to do it all again, I'd still pick the Muzzy.

Quick Reply: Muzzy vs. Big Gun put to bed!