Muzzy vs Big Gun dyno shoot out

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2006, 02:29 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Muzzy vs Big Gun dyno shoot out

Hmmmm based on those results I think I might add some more fuel to my setup.

What elevation are you guys at?

Old 12-11-2006, 02:55 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: markturbo

Hmmmm based on those results I think I might add some more fuel to my setup.

What elevation are you guys at?
0-500 ft

Old 12-11-2006, 03:46 PM
1st Gear Member

Scats second run with the 128 and 40 pilot really smoothed out his A/F ration compared to the first run.

Old 12-11-2006, 06:40 PM
1st Gear Member

For this perticulair set up It is spot on. Big Gun with vortex installed,K&N air filter,KDX high flow snorkel,breather vent drilled to 3/8, N1TC needle 2nd groove from top,128 Main,40 pilot did i forget anything ?...
As we can see from Tony's results exh. does play a big roll, I am very courious to see what he ends up with once he is all dialed in

Old 12-11-2006, 07:34 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: scat

For this perticulair set up It is spot on. Big Gun with vortex installed,K&N air filter,KDX high flow snorkel,breather vent drilled to 3/8, N1TC needle 2nd groove from top,128 Main,40 pilot did i forget anything ?...
As we can see from Tony's results exh. does play a big roll, I am very courious to see what he ends up with once he is all dialed in
That is how my bike is set up, but i have a uni air filter and clip is on the third position... maybe i should keep the vortex insert in...

Old 12-11-2006, 08:09 PM
1st Gear Member

Like Tony and myself stated earlier we did a dyno run with no vortex in the Big Gun and it went way lean... unfortunatly I did not get a print out on that run.

Old 12-11-2006, 08:15 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

yea i thaught that is what my bike was doing, it would pop a little.... so ill keep the vortex in and see what happens

Old 12-12-2006, 12:32 AM
1st Gear Member

Well with gas engines they like a little back pressure so i could see why the bikes would like a smaller pipe. and diesels are the opposite way not that anyone has put a diesel in thier bike but they hate back pressure so different engines different accesseries

Old 12-12-2006, 02:30 AM

I am running no lid wide open bg and a 142 mj. If I can get a tire I will dyno. They charge 40.00 in my neck of the woods. Just want to verify all reports seem to indicate a lean condition with no lid and an no vortex. Lets see what the big jet will do. I think there is only one other rider running the same combo. Once he put it on, phone call followed. Man this is a different bike.....

Old 12-12-2006, 03:36 PM
1st Gear Member

Sounds like you are optimized for a real strong top-end but may suffer just a bit on low end torque. You must really get a good ramping-up type of effect as the RPMs build. You probably have a curve that compares with that of my dealers D-tracker. I'm gonna go out on the limb and say your dyno will have a highest peak HP of the the 249cc machines that have been run so far (among people in this forum).

*One question though; is your Main Jet a Keihin or Dynojet brand? There's a big difference in actual size vs jet #.

ORIGINAL: jellyfish

I am running no lid wide open bg and a 142 mj. If I can get a tire I will dyno. They charge 40.00 in my neck of the woods. Just want to verify all reports seem to indicate a lean condition with no lid and an no vortex. Lets see what the big jet will do. I think there is only one other rider running the same combo. Once he put it on, phone call followed. Man this is a different bike.....

Quick Reply: Muzzy vs Big Gun dyno shoot out