Muzzy vs Big Gun

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2006, 05:45 AM
Default Muzzy vs Big Gun

Ok sorry but I know everyone has their opinion and I am getting ready to purchase either a Big Gun or Muzzy and would just really like to know whether their is a difference in performance at all. I know with the Muzzy it is in the way of the footpeg and that is why I'm leaning towards the Big Gun and from what I've read they are about the same at 94-96 dB. I like the look of the Muzzy a little better. The mods I have done to the bike are the 13t sprocket, hi-flow snorkel, drilled vent, and also drilled first baffle but will not matter once I get new exhaust. At the same time I replace exhaust I am going to install DynoJet kit. Thanks

Old 08-02-2006, 06:00 AM
Default RE: Muzzy vs Big Gun

I bought the Muzzy. Better look, not as loud, better quality, and of course there made in Oregon.

Old 08-02-2006, 06:52 AM
Admin
1st Gear Member

I too had heard that from several reports across the 'net. However, I think recently a few folks on this forum, or was it ADVRider, got together and one had the Muzzy and one had the Big Gun and their conclusion was that they could tell no difference in loudness. That was actually one of the factors that steered me toward the Muzzy and, at least IMHO, if you take that away, it's really a toss up. You really can't go wrong with either one, IMO.

Old 08-02-2006, 07:25 AM

I heard the Big Gun at my local shop without the quiet core (indoors) and it was loud. Just too loud for me. I bought the muzzy, installed the quiet core, put the footpeg in the tool kit and have been smiling ever since. I think the Muzzy looks better too.

[IMG]local://upfiles/1617/2B8482D0E40C45719DCFCE5B21F7BD1C.jpg[/IMG]

Old 08-02-2006, 07:32 AM
Admin
1st Gear Member

The Muzzy is also very loud without the quite core. I heard sdunne's at the MX track when he did his race there and he had the Muzzy w/o quite core and it had some serious bark to it. It would have been too loud like that for me. The quiet core makes a big difference, though. Sounds great. I wish someone close by me had a Big Gun so I could hear it in person.

Old 08-02-2006, 08:01 AM

i have big gun. sullydirt has heard mine and said with my quiet core in it's about the same as his muzzy. the only thing i dont like about big gun is red tip, but you can buy different colors but its like a extra $40

Old 08-02-2006, 08:03 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Nobrakes

I too had heard that from several reports across the 'net. However, I think recently a few folks on this forum, or was it ADVRider, got together and one had the Muzzy and one had the Big Gun and their conclusion was that they could tell no difference in loudness. That was actually one of the factors that steered me toward the Muzzy and, at least IMHO, if you take that away, it's really a toss up. You really can't go wrong with either one, IMO.
Hey Brian,

I have the Muzzy with the quiet core and I met KLXStiffler last month who has the Big Gun. I didn't have my KLX with me to compare side by side sound, but I thought the sound level was pretty close to the muzzy. I had previously heard people report the Big Gun as being really loud and was surprised that it sounded about the same to me, even had a similar note.

Old 08-02-2006, 08:04 AM
1st Gear Member

Stiffler, Jinx!

Old 08-02-2006, 08:23 AM
Admin
1st Gear Member

Yep - it was you two that I was thinking of. Even if they weren't side by side, you've been around yours enough, I'm sure, to compare even without it being present. And your report is the way better than the hearsay and inuendo I'd heard previously. It was actually a pretty hard choice for me when deciding between the two. The Muzzy won out for me by just a few minor points, one of which was the sound level reports, so with that new knowledge, the decision would be even harder. Now I'd say just buy the one you think looks better. But that doesn't help either - both look sharp.

Quick Reply: Muzzy vs Big Gun