Muzzy stuff

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2007, 10:34 PM
1st Gear Member
Default Muzzy stuff

Ok so I may have mentioned some time ago that there isnt really a noticeable difference with the silent core in or out. Boy was I ever wrong!!! I heard my uncle ride it with the core in and it was pretty loud. I took the core out a while ago and couldnt really notice anything from riding point, but let my brother in law ride it today and its REALLY effin loud. Like ignorant loud. Woops. Poor neighbors.

Anyway I go and put the silent core back in, and I do up the last hex screw...snap. Stripped it clean. Its not coming out []. Its in there tight, but come the day I need to re-pack, I'm going to have to do something about it. *****.

So I guess the lesson of the day is, dont fool with it too much, you might break something.

Old 09-01-2007, 04:11 AM
Default RE: Muzzy stuff

It must be something about us new Muzzy owners. I got my quiet core and do notice the difference - yes the muzzy is still loud with the quiet core, but not too offensive. The bike sounds much better without the quiet core though. Any way i pulled the carby out last night - and drilled the slide out - because i forgot to do it the first time. I probably should have tried the 132 but left the 128 in. - I took it for a ride this morning and its is great. (I stripped the bike, drilled the carby and put it all back together in 80minutes). But one of my screws on the base of the carby to access the jets got stripped.

I am still having the odd trouble - and this happens periodically but at low revs 2000-4000rpm it kind of stutters. After looking at the slide last night i am thinking that maybe it doesnt slide with the ease that it should.

Its all good Derek, there is nothing like being able to play around your bike - better than paying the shop to do it.

Old 09-01-2007, 05:47 AM
1st Gear Member

+1 on on playing with the bike. I stripped one of the screws on top of the carb where the needle is, trying to adjust the needle without taking out the carb. Also stripped one of the front fork bleeder screws lol. Oh well

Old 09-01-2007, 07:23 AM
1st Gear Member

You guys are heavy handed, don't worry so am I, I broke 2 of the studs holding the front axle in place.[:'(]

Name:  P1010149.jpg
Views: 13
Size:  49.8 KB

I now have a torque wrench (or 2) and use it.

Name:  Torquewrenches.jpg
Views: 12
Size:  80.6 KB

Cheers [8D]

Old 09-01-2007, 07:41 AM
1st Gear Member

hahah I got a couple torques too. One for my rear axel and counter sprocket nut, and one for my oil drain plug...which i forgot to tighten once...woops

btw what do you torque those 4 nuts to

Old 09-01-2007, 08:09 AM

https://www.kawasakiforums.com/m_54957/tm.htm
Got 'em listed there.

Old 09-01-2007, 08:13 AM
1st Gear Member

9.8 N-m or 87 in-lb .... thats INCH-pounds not foot-pounds

Old 09-01-2007, 08:19 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: MaverickAus

You guys are heavy handed, don't worry so am I, I broke 2 of the studs holding the front axle in place.[:'(]

I now have a torque wrench (or 2) and use it.

Cheers [8D]
Damn, if it's that easy to break the studs just bolting the cover plate back on, what's to stop you snapping them when you hit a rock head on?

Old 09-01-2007, 10:58 AM

After all the stripping and breaking on bolts etc, I bet we all have a can of WD40 or RP7 lying around....if only we just remembered to use it!!

Old 09-01-2007, 11:19 AM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

On the front axle studs, replace those with bolts..... thats what i did... one of mine snapped when i bought the bike. I have also had issues with the Big Gun end cap. and had to buy a new one cost me 70$.......

Patrick from DBtv talked to the guy who owns muzzy, they dont care how loud it is, they wanna make a pipe that makes the most power... thats why its loud, and thats why the quiet core is still loud.

Quick Reply: Muzzy stuff