Muzzy

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2006, 06:53 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member
Default Muzzy

Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, the dealer call yesterday and said my pipe, 45 tooth sprocket, jets, and snorkel is in, but the K&N is back ordered since the 3rd. He is going to try another place. Now if I can get it scheduled I will be sittin in butter. (not literally but you know.)

Deej

Old 06-25-2006, 08:43 PM
Admin
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Muzzy

It'll be like a whole new bike!

Old 06-26-2006, 11:12 AM
1st Gear Member

Mate I'd have a chat with Todd (if you can find him lol) before you get the K & N from some of the stuff I have read they aint up to it

Old 06-26-2006, 05:36 PM
1st Gear Member

Translation? just messing with you Mav. So maybe the K&N filter isn't that great? What have you heard, or is there a reference that I could take a look at? Thanks man.

Old 06-27-2006, 11:41 PM

Yahoo!, My Muzzy is in. Going to install it without the jet kit because it is not here yet. Is there going to be a problem with that? I also asked them to order the spark arrestor, should be here in a week. [8D]

Old 06-28-2006, 01:29 AM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

Bike will be way too lean with Muzzy on and no re-jetting.
It's already lean in stock form, it will run like crap with the Muzzy.

Old 06-28-2006, 01:49 AM
1st Gear Member

I'm still waiting on my Muzzy.., I'm told 2-3 weeks since its back-ordered

I however got my #40 pilot, a 125 and 128 main, the N1TC needle/collar and clip today.

My exhaust is stock and untouched, but I put the needle in on the 1st ridge, installed the 125 and the 40 pilot, drilled and seated, then backed out my idle mixture screw to 2.5 turns ( it was almost 100% seated from factory!! ) , and then pulled the snorkle and the entire top of my airbox and left it off in hopes that it would'nt run to rich with the stock exhaust.

So far it runs beautifully compared to before and absolutely no poping on engine breaking, or any outside sign of running rich despite the 100-F weather we have right now. I think its about right spot on.., and with that in mind, I now think its going to need more then a 128 jet when the Muzzy is in, but I'll have to play with that when it comes ( if ever at this rate ).

Old 06-28-2006, 07:04 AM
1st Gear Member

Well mine came in and since I had a dentist appointment today in the same town as the bike shop (60 miles away) I decided to check on my parts and see what they looked like. Well the parts guy took me back and showed me that Muzzy had not sent the Quiet tip just as I warned him three weeks ago. Even he was surprised that they forgot it, or at least he acted surprised, who knows. But I decided that since he couldn't find a K&N filter still after almost a month of searching I am going to just use the stock filter with the high snorkel. He said it will be fine and actually keep the motor cleaner. On another note I think I just bought two more bikes. Since Kawasaki doesn't offer a smaller or shorter DS I started looking around the shop. I had my wife sit on the Yamaha XT 225 and she could almost get both feet flat on the ground, and my son sat on the KLX 110 and could almost do the same, he's 9. So I applied for the Yamaha card and got approved in 5 minutes. So when I bring my bike home in the next couple of weeks I might actually be bringing two companions with it, we'll see. Here's a couple of links to the bikes I looked at today.

http://www.papowerequipment.com/new_...sc=Motorcycles

http://www.papowerequipment.com/new_...sc=Motorcycles

Old 06-28-2006, 08:22 AM
1st Gear Member

More bikes is always a good thing! Congrats in advance!

BTW, you're going to love the KLX even more when you get it back.

Old 06-28-2006, 11:12 AM
1st Gear Member

Hey Todd, was it you that said the K & N was no good?

Quick Reply: Muzzy