Muffler survey?

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2007, 01:13 AM
1st Gear Member
Default Muffler survey?

I know you've beat this muffler thing to death on this site but it's my turn to ask . Which should I get and why - the HMF, Two-Bros, FMF or Big Gun? I had an FMF on my old Yammy but I didn't like the wimpy sound it made.

Old 08-20-2007, 01:17 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Muffler survey?

Muzzy

Old 08-20-2007, 01:30 AM
1st Gear Member

Don't know still waiting 4 my BigGun ordered it may 20th they call me last monday and said i should get it by theend of theweek well that pasted.

Old 08-20-2007, 02:32 AM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: kawikathy

I know you've beat this muffler thing to death on this site but it's my turn to ask . Which should I get and why - the HMF, Two-Bros, FMF or Big Gun? I had an FMF on my old Yammy but I didn't like the wimpy sound it made.
I have the HMF. I got it because of the price as well as the dynochart and the jet specs on their forum. I set it up basically exactly the way they had it and it runs like a raped ape. The sound is awesome too. Also the fairly short wait(about a month) and the availabiltiy of the quiet core sealed the deal for me. The only downside is that you have to use a spacer(no big deal at all) and exhaust sealer at the joints.

I don't like the looks of the 2Bros or the FMFat all. I like the Big Gun but the long wait, price, and the lack of a true quiet core was a deal breaker for me.

Old 08-20-2007, 02:40 AM
1st Gear Member

outta of the four of them... i would say save your money, and then buy the cheapest full exhaust system out of the four of them

Old 08-20-2007, 03:52 AM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: kawikathy

Uh yea why wasn't the Muzzy in the running? Oh yea that wouldn't be fair to the other pipes now would it?
[sm=yikesomg.gif][sm=laughat.gif][sm=admin.gif][sm=jawdrop.gif][sm=owned.gif]

Old 08-20-2007, 03:55 AM
1st Gear Member

Who waits that long for a pipe? I had the shop order mine, and it was installed and jetted in the same week. That's just not acceptable in my book.

Old 08-20-2007, 03:57 AM
1st Gear Member

Waited months for the BG finally cancelled now waiting for the FMF backordering sucks!

Old 08-20-2007, 04:03 AM
1st Gear Member

KLX owner + Muzzy = happy customer + more time to ride. I'm just saying.

Old 08-20-2007, 04:56 AM
1st Gear Member

Notice how all the Muzzy owners have the most posts - they spend all their free time writing instead of riding Just kidding Deej, are we going to throw you a party when you hit 5500 posts? I'll be in Port Angeles next month, can I stop by and ride this mean muzzy machine?

Quick Reply: Muffler survey?