Mr. 2009 has left the building???

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2008, 02:24 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Mr. 2009 has left the building???

09KLXowner,

Just be a bit more patient. Itlooks as if these new bikes are starting to trickle in. Don't do anything rash here. You've waited this long, a few more weeks won't kill ya. Sounds like you've had your heart set on the '09 bike. At least wait an see one before making your decision. Good luck.

Mike

Old 03-27-2008, 02:24 AM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: klrjr

hey man. new here, but I have been reading here for months. I too have been waiting for the 09 to get here. Last sat. the dealership called and I was there as soon as they pulled it out of the shop. I bought my klr 250 there and looked pretty serious at the 07 and ended up not buying. The salesman knew I was pretty anxious to see the 09. He let me take it down the street. I was the second one to ride it after the service manager. No power stock for sure. My stock 04 klr 250 with the snorkle and baffle removed from the muffler has TWICE the pep. Other than that, NICE BIKE!! I am about 5'11" and I can sit flat footed on the bike. The seat is VERY comfortable. Still a little narrow, but much more comfortable than the 06 - 07. The only bike they got was the green one ( I liked the looks of the red one online) but it is a BEAUTIFUL BIKE! Mr 09, you need to wait and see this bike before you buy!!! I ride my klr on the street and highway quite a bit... not sure what I'm going to do yet, but I was definately impressed with the 09. I have ridden an 07. I really didn't care for the seat height and the narrow seat. Also, there is a NEW 06 in antlers oklahoma ( I am in Oklahoma City) for $3660.00
Whats with the small font? Looks like a copy and paste from another forum. Kind of like a spam posting. I hope I'm wrong, welcome?

Old 03-27-2008, 02:36 AM
1st Gear Member

hey, I'm new here cut me some slack. It's too bad that everything is suspect any more. That's the world we live in!

Old 03-27-2008, 02:45 AM

Hello everyone this is my first post. I just picked up my 2009 on sat. the 22nd (Medford Kawasaki had gotten three in on friday)after waiting for about two months after putting down my deposit and signing the contract for $4863 out the door. I really like the suspension it feels very similar to my 97 yz125. I have never ridden the 06-07 but I imagine it is much softer as the first thing the dealer said was I think you will like the suspension. As far as weight I find it VERY hard to believe it weighs 277lbs.(It can't be much lighter but it sure feels light to me in all situations)I fell over on one really nasty slimey hill I could never quite make it up about 8 times. And after picking the bike up those eight times in a row I think I have a good idea how heavy it is. What I would like to know from you guys is the carb. the same on my 09 as on your 06-07's ? I want to buy the dynojet klx300 kit but would like to makesure its the samefirst. I have already ordered a 13t sprocket, two-bros. slip-on, clarke fuel tank,barkbusters, and an acerbis fold down mirror. Igot a set of knobbies for it months ago. Well I think I haverambled on enough fornow....... Later

Old 03-27-2008, 02:53 AM
1st Gear Member

Welcome to KF Motorcrossjoe560

You mean you actually have a 09 & haven't posted pics? You punishment is to go stand in the corner for 30 minutes!

Just a FYI, I dont think the Clarke tank will fit with the 09 tank shrouds. Might want to check into that!

Enjoy & get some pics up!

Old 03-27-2008, 03:12 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: klrjr

hey, I'm new here cut me some slack. It's too bad that everything is suspect any more. That's the world we live in!
Sorry, slack is being cut and humble pie is being enjoyed by yours truly as we speak.[8D] Good to hear from you again. Don't pay too much attention to what I say, I'm pretty crazy anyway. [sm=icon_quiet.gif][sm=imsorry.gif] No hard feelings ok?

Old 03-27-2008, 03:15 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Motorcrossjoe560

Hello everyone this is my first post. I just picked up my 2009 on sat. the 22nd (Medford Kawasaki had gotten three in on friday)after waiting for about two months after putting down my deposit and signing the contract for $4863 out the door. I really like the suspension it feels very similar to my 97 yz125. I have never ridden the 06-07 but I imagine it is much softer as the first thing the dealer said was I think you will like the suspension. As far as weight I find it VERY hard to believe it weighs 277lbs.(It can't be much lighter but it sure feels light to me in all situations)I fell over on one really nasty slimey hill I could never quite make it up about 8 times. And after picking the bike up those eight times in a row I think I have a good idea how heavy it is. What I would like to know from you guys is the carb. the same on my 09 as on your 06-07's ? I want to buy the dynojet klx300 kit but would like to makesure its the samefirst. I have already ordered a 13t sprocket, two-bros. slip-on, clarke fuel tank,barkbusters, and an acerbis fold down mirror. Igot a set of knobbies for it months ago. Well I think I haverambled on enough fornow....... Later
Welcome and congrats on the new bike. Sounds like you've done your homework. Again welcome and have fun. Oh not sure about the Dynojet kit, the dealer did mine.

Old 03-27-2008, 03:39 AM
1st Gear Member

no problem. I promise not to play with the fonts any more. On the jet kit for the new owner, not sure about the difference in the carbs but they were checking the exhuast at the dealer and the part numbers were different than the 06 -07. wow ok, I'll stop

Old 03-27-2008, 09:09 AM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

MUST SEE PICS OF THE 09!!!

Old 03-27-2008, 01:27 PM
1st Gear Member

You guys haven't seen enough 09 pics already?
Or is proof and confirmation what you're after?

Quick Reply: Mr. 2009 has left the building???