MPG report. Wow

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2013, 05:30 AM
1st Gear Member

140+ my 165 is 305 lbs on the bike. Makes it a dog, but transportation is transportation right? I take my mileage, 38.1 and divide it by the amount of gallons I filled...giving me miles/gallon. I would think I'm correct :P

Old 03-15-2013, 10:55 AM
1st Gear Member

You all need to be happy that you're riding at all. Snow and subzero temperatures keep me from even thinking about riding. So don't fret about MPG's and ride!

Old 03-15-2013, 04:26 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by RockabillSlapMatt
I fill it to the top of the gas tank every fill up. Even IF I could have filled it to .655 its 58 mpg.
Perhaps your Pokemon stickers are affecting your mileage?

Old 03-15-2013, 06:17 PM
1st Gear Member

I guess your right, I have them on opposite ends of the bike, perhaps I need more to balance the weight and keep the back tire from wearing unevenly and thus improving my mpg..

Old 03-15-2013, 06:39 PM
1st Gear Member

On or off road, fast or slow, mine sits right around mid 50's (MPG). That's with a 13T up front... running 85 octane (4700 ft above sea level).

Old 03-15-2013, 07:25 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by rgoers
On or off road, fast or slow, mine sits right around mid 50's (MPG). That's with a 13T up front... running 85 octane (4700 ft above sea level).
That's what I usually get, but every once in a while I'll get some amazing mpg odd

Old 03-16-2013, 11:15 AM
1st Gear Member

This is the most boring thread on the forums so far. Worried about commuting MPG, but a F%@^N Vespa, worried about running out on the trail, get a big tank, or stay at home.

Old 03-16-2013, 02:34 PM
1st Gear Member

When this is the trail, you had *better* worry about gas mileage!!! When you're 120 miles out, 5 more MPG makes a very big difference; whether you're relying on the stock tank, or an aux tank.

I work with a guy who walked out 35 miles one day when his bike broke down. He would have had to walk a lot farther if someone hadn't come along to pick him up and take him back to civilization.

You can stick to the streets with your wimpy motard, but real men ride DIRT... and MPG matters to us!

Attached Thumbnails MPG report. Wow-dsc09271-large-.jpg  
Old 03-16-2013, 03:01 PM
1st Gear Member

When this is the trail, you had *better* worry about gas mileage!!! When you're 120 miles out, 5 more MPG makes a very big difference; whether you're relying on the stock tank, or an aux tank.

I work with a guy who walked out 35 miles one day when his bike broke down. He would have had to walk a lot farther if someone hadn't come along to pick him up and take him back to civilization.

You can stick to the streets with your wimpy motard, but real men ride DIRT... and MPG matters to us!
This is why i don't ride dirt anymore. I don't have anyone to ride with and don't want to take the chance getting stranded in the middle of squeal like a pig georgia.

Some may find that exciting, but its not really my choice of adventure.

Each his own i guess.

Old 03-16-2013, 03:18 PM
1st Gear Member

I think Grahams whole island would fit in that picture.

I don't know how far I can go on a tank (2.7 Clarke) but wish I did. I haven't bothered to do the math since the 351, and the bigger tank. 99% of the time I'm no farther than a few miles from a gas station, but I do have a story where I was ~20 miles from pavement out in the mountains of Colorado, and was worried about running out. That will worry you, not a life and death worry, but a "am I sleeping in the woods tonight" or "my wife is going to send a rescue team out looking for me" worry.

Carry on gents
Dan

Quick Reply: MPG report. Wow