No
21.43%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Motorcycle Licenes

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2006, 07:01 PM
1st Gear Member
Default Motorcycle Licenes

How many of you ride without a motorcycle licenses?

[IMG]local://upfiles/1499/F693755A060B423D963D499038382D60.jpg[/IMG]

Old 08-27-2006, 07:15 PM
Default RE: Motorcycle Licenes

I've had mine since 1993. I'm on an Army Base we have to have a license and safety course to ride on base.

Old 08-27-2006, 07:32 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

I got mine in 1982 after high school, and kept it until about 8 years ago, then I decided not to renew it, thinking I wouldn't have another bike, then the KLX came out and the price of fuel continued to go up. So about 4 months ago I did the test again and I have to tell you don't make the same mistake I made, don't ever let the endorsement go, you will regret it. My wife just passed her permit, and like Marty always says, the BRC or the ERC is one of the best things you can do to increase your chances of staying alive on two wheels. I have 5 people scheduled in October to take the BRC, and I am looking into the ERC for myself. As for your original question, I would never have ridden without the proper license, it only adds to the problem of unskilled idiots riding out there. Be safe and get the license and take a class, after all it's your life. Oh what's up with the picture? Is there something you are trying to tell us?

Old 08-27-2006, 07:41 PM
Admin
1st Gear Member

Dang, poodlenuts, that really sux. I'm still using a learners permit which is good for 18 months here in NC so I have until next summer on that. You have to pass the written to get the permit, but to get the endorsement on your regular driver's license you need to take the riding part. I haven't taken the DMV riding test yet, because I'm planning on doing the MSF course at some point and that will trump the DMV test assuming I pass the MSF course. Too bad Marty is not a little closer or I'd sign up for one of his.

Old 08-27-2006, 07:47 PM

I've been legal ever since I moved to Florida.

Several years ago, I went and took an MSF course, the MRC:RSS which was a prelude to the current Basic Rider Course. One of the things they did away with was the "Team Pushing" of motorcycles - what they accomplished with that, other than wearing your butt out, I do not know.

However, I was so impressed with what they taught me about riding and how much my skills improved with that course, I started to look into becoming a MSF RiderCoach. The satisfaction of watching folks that have never ridden a motorcycle before, turn into quite competent motorcyclists by the end of the weekend. Plus I get some motorcycle hobby money to buy more farkles with. It just don't get much better.

I would strongly urge any one that does not have a legal right to ride, please, get your endorsement, permit or whatever else you need to make yourself legal. It is so easy for law enforcement to check. They run your plate, find out you do not have an endorsement and then it's a big, big fine!

Get legal!

Old 08-27-2006, 08:15 PM
1st Gear Member

Not yet I'm still trying to master sugar sand, I don't ride on the street.....except the 200 yds to my sand pit.

Marty, are you interested in a "trade a trip", it's something we do on the fishing forums a lot........... I'll take you out for a day or two of live bait fishing for Sailfish or whatever you prefer and you teach me an MSF course, just an idea.

Old 08-27-2006, 08:25 PM

Finger Mullet,

I would love to take you up on that deal. However, since it is not MY school, I don't make the rules.

If it were my school, why you would be on there brother!

If it's just the endorsement you're after, check into the Experienced Rider Course. It is now good for endorsements here in Florida.

Cost is about $85 for a one day course using your bike.

Hope this helps.

Old 08-27-2006, 09:07 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Marty

If it's just the endorsement you're after, check into the Experienced Rider Course. It is now good for endorsements here in Florida.
Its funny that you said that, I'm not concerned at all about passing the DMV test, its not tough. I want to hook up with an experienced good rider that will give me some "real world" training both on-road and off-road.

I don't know how to explain it except in boating terms........ How to react to a rogue wave on your rear quarter vs off the bow? How to ride a swell through a closed out inlet? How to get your boat on a plane in shallow water when your prop is touching bottom? How to be able to tell water depth just by looking at it and my favorite, if you see birds standing don't go that way!

I just want someone to beat me up, work me hard and make me safe. So my offer still stands, even if afterward I gotta take the DMV test and I'm in no rush, I'm slammed at work.

PS I have been known to catch a few fish.

Name:  Jump2.jpg
Views: 19
Size:  24.4 KB

Old 08-27-2006, 09:14 PM
1st Gear Member

Well let’s just say, I had it coming. I knew riding without a license would bit me in the *** one day. I’m not mad at anyone but myself. The cop was cool after all was said and dun,

It all started out with a short ride down to the river.4 miles in on a 10 mile ride and the last 5mile of it is a dirt logging road, I get to a turn with a bunch of rocks and dirt that fell off the hillside on to the paved part of the road, so I went around it crossing the DY .I told the cop why I did what I did, and his reply was, your bike is made to ride over rock and dirt, that’s why it has off road tires.

So now I owe the impound yard $230 bucks and the sheriff’s office $240 for failed to maintain lane and $242 for no operators license . I wont tell you all what the wife had to say, it wasnt good.[]so id say yes, Ive learn my lessen .so take it from me IF you don’t have your license you had better get one.

Old 08-27-2006, 09:37 PM
1st Gear Member

Deej, I'm still riding on a permit and need to take the road test. What all was involved with it when you took it?

Quick Reply: Motorcycle Licenes